Family Trees of the Three Kingdoms & Jin

Join the Romance of the Three Kingdoms discussion with our resident Scholars. Topics relating to the novel and history are both welcome. Don't forget to check the Forum Rules before posting.
Kongming’s Archives: Romance of the Three Kingdoms
Three Kingdoms Officer Biographies
Three Kingdoms Officer Encyclopedia
Scholars of Shen Zhou Search Tool

Re: Family Trees of the Three Kingdoms & Jin

Unread postby Kongde » Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:01 pm

The Sima clan family draft is now up. Keep in mind it is just that - a draft. Incomplete. I am missing quite a few entries still, and some of the entries still need further verification and have been marked as such (I Really need to start *ing entries that are questionable to make it easier to locate rather than simply putting it in bios). Namely, my main issues are with the Jia family - is Jia Quan the daughter of Jia Chong? Also, with the entirety of the Yang and Cai families - I am unsure if they are totally correct. Other than that, everything else should be good for now. Read the notes for extra things I need to do as well. Pictures may or may not come, depending how well liked they were in the Zhuge family tree. We are finally starting to see intermingling of family trees - Sima family tree entered some parts of the Zhuge family tree, and will also touch on the Xun clan as well as the Xiahou clan...funny how it all comes together!

The current goal is to simply get the family trees up and going. I will work on bios and extra details once this is complete. For now, expect very rough and small bios (many will not have any) (except Zhong Hui's). Similarly, relationships will be held off until after the completion of all family trees.

Hopefully some can find this useful! Until the next update!
?-Kongde-?
Kongde
Apprentice

Unread postby Jia Nanfeng » Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:13 pm

Kongde wrote:Namely, my main issues are with the Jia family - is Jia Quan the daughter of Jia Chong?

Good work so far on the extensive Sima family!

I can help with the Jia.

Jia Quan is the eldest daughter of Jia Chong and Li Wan. Li Wan was Jia Chong's first wife, who was exiled (and later returned, thus he had two wives at one time, the other being Guo Huai). Jia Quan is indeed Sima You's concubine.

Jia Quan is also known as Jia Bao. Most (all?) Jia girls have their given and courtesy names recorded. So you may see her listed both ways in the records.

If you need more help with the Jia, I am more than happy to contribute! :)
Jia Nanfeng
Sage

Unread postby Kongde » Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:30 am

Jia Nanfeng wrote:
Kongde wrote:Namely, my main issues are with the Jia family - is Jia Quan the daughter of Jia Chong?

Good work so far on the extensive Sima family!

I can help with the Jia.

Jia Quan is the eldest daughter of Jia Chong and Li Wan. Li Wan was Jia Chong's first wife, who was exiled (and later returned, thus he had two wives at one time, the other being Guo Huai). Jia Quan is indeed Sima You's concubine.

Jia Quan is also known as Jia Bao. Most (all?) Jia girls have their given and courtesy names recorded. So you may see her listed both ways in the records.

If you need more help with the Jia, I am more than happy to contribute! :)

Thank you!!! Still more to come! This is much appreciated!!! I've added Li Wan and corrected her as the mother.
?-Kongde-?
Kongde
Apprentice

Unread postby greencactaur » Mon May 20, 2019 3:35 am

This is fantastic thank you for your work :D
greencactaur
Master

Previous

Return to Sanguo Yanyi Symposium