Three Yuan's and a Gao

Join the Romance of the Three Kingdoms discussion with our resident Scholars. Topics relating to the novel and history are both welcome. Don't forget to check the Forum Rules before posting.
Kongming’s Archives: Romance of the Three Kingdoms
Three Kingdoms Officer Biographies
Three Kingdoms Officer Encyclopedia
Scholars of Shen Zhou Search Tool

Re: Three Yuan's and a Gao

Unread postby Zhouman » Tue Sep 24, 2019 12:59 am

Dong Zhou wrote:
Zhouman wrote:Huh as a ROTK game fan that makes their stats seem ridiculously low and Yuan Xi as portrayed inaccurately as the best of them.

I got the impress ROTK stats could vary between history, novel, culture. In fairness to koei, the Yuan reputation is quite bad

Xiahou Jia wrote:It was pretty informative. Always thought that Tan was the only capable, but it seems Shang was actually not bad either.

Thanks, I was surprised by Shang being quite capable as well

They may have been as capable as Crassus if they were given a fair shot.
Zhouman
Tyro

Unread postby Xiahou Jia » Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:51 am

Just my opinion of course, but I think they were far superior to Crassus (unless we're measuring financial wealth). Other than a victory under Sulla, I don't remember Crassus doing anything spectacular militarywise. He did crush Spartacus, but Spartacus is no Mengde.
Do what you believe is right and don't be distracted by praises or insults.
Xiahou Jia
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Zhouman » Wed Sep 25, 2019 12:26 am

Xiahou Jia wrote:Just my opinion of course, but I think they were far superior to Crassus (unless we're measuring financial wealth). Other than a victory under Sulla, I don't remember Crassus doing anything spectacular militarywise. He did crush Spartacus, but Spartacus is no Mengde.

True.

I just needed a realistic, impressive Roman comparison for contrast and Pompey seemed to be stretching it-Pompey is Deng Ai level.

And I watch Historia Civilis a lot so was first one that came to mind.
Zhouman
Tyro

Previous

Return to Sanguo Yanyi Symposium