Three Yuan's and a Gao

Join the Romance of the Three Kingdoms discussion with our resident Scholars. Topics relating to the novel and history are both welcome. Don't forget to check the Forum Rules before posting.
Kongming’s Archives: Romance of the Three Kingdoms
Three Kingdoms Officer Biographies
Three Kingdoms Officer Encyclopedia
Scholars of Shen Zhou Search Tool

Re: Three Yuan's and a Gao

Unread postby Sun Fin » Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:34 am

I think you should contact him Dong, the worst that can happen is him saying no/receiving no answer!
Have a question about a book or academic article before you buy it? Maybe I have it!
Check out my library here for a list of Chinese history resources I have on hand!
Sun Fin
Librarian of Shen Zhou

Unread postby LiuBeiwasGreat » Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:41 am

I agree as well Dong. You put a heck of a lot of work into these works and they are definitely worthy of being in an academic journal.
"If you can't drink a lobbyist's whiskey, take his money, sleep with his women and still vote against him in the morning, you don't belong in politics."
LiuBeiwasGreat
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:59 pm

Got a
Thank you for your interest in Early Medieval China. Currently, there is a 3+ year backlog in our publication schedule, and I am unable to consider your essays for publication at this time.

Should you wish to resubmit them in the future, please first consult a current issue of EMC in regards to submission guidelines and formatting requirements, then send files in word and pdf format. I was unable to access the .odt files you attached to your message.

Best wishes,

J. Michael Farmer

My bad on the format but Professor Farmer was polite and quick
“You, are a rebellious son who abandoned his father. You are a cruel brigand who murdered his lord. How can Heaven and Earth put up with you for long? And unless you die soon, how can you face the sight of men?”

my tumbler

my officer analysis
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Location: "Now we must die. May Your Majesty maintain yourself"

Unread postby Sun Fin » Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:14 pm

As you say, briefly polite! When my EMC subscription kicks in this autumn I’ll let you know the criteria and correct format :D.
Have a question about a book or academic article before you buy it? Maybe I have it!
Check out my library here for a list of Chinese history resources I have on hand!
Sun Fin
Librarian of Shen Zhou

Unread postby waywardauthor » Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:23 pm

3 year backlog just means that they've settled on what's going to be in the next three publications. They only do one a year, so no worries on that front.

I would recommend converting them to a pdf, and then shopping around. If they care about chapter formatting, I would recommend Chicago citation style.
Alone I lean under the wispy shade of an aged tree,
Scornfully I raise to parted lips a cup of warm wine,
Longingly I cast an empty vessel aside those exposed roots,
And leave behind forgotten memories and forsaken dreams.
waywardauthor
Scholar

Previous

Return to Sanguo Yanyi Symposium