three kingdoms summary

Join the Romance of the Three Kingdoms discussion with our resident Scholars. Topics relating to the novel and history are both welcome. Don't forget to check the Forum Rules before posting.
Kongming’s Archives: Romance of the Three Kingdoms
Three Kingdoms Officer Biographies
Three Kingdoms Officer Encyclopedia
Scholars of Shen Zhou Search Tool

three kingdoms summary

Unread postby sevenkindoms » Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:52 am

I posted a video on the actual history of three kingdoms for those who are interested in in-depth knowledge on three kingdoms period. More videos are to be uploaded.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Jd5kmMpckI
sevenkindoms
Tyro

Re: three kingdoms summary

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:13 pm

Welcome sevenkingdoms

I like the animation and narration style (Cao Cao is adorable as a child, I like what you did with Liu Bei), I like that you highlight figures like Huangfu Song who get overlooked and one of reasons He Jin couldn't just use miliatry to overthrow eunuchs, the full horror of Yuan Shao's massacre, try to cover and show perspectives people wouldn't have heard of.

I think your being harsh on the eunuchs there, there a few errors in there and not sure were Yuan Shao's doubtful fatherhood comes from? Dowager He had a few reasons (think it was relatives that got bribed but even they had reasons) to back eunuchs over the gentry to be fair to her.

You mention scholars and so on but they don't seem to match up with the ones I'm aware of so wondering whose work you are thinking of?
“You, are a rebellious son who abandoned his father. You are a cruel brigand who murdered his lord. How can Heaven and Earth put up with you for long? And unless you die soon, how can you face the sight of men?”
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Location: "Now we must die. May Your Majesty maintain yourself"

Return to Sanguo Yanyi Symposium