'Talons and Fangs of the Eastern Han Warlords' Thesis

Join the Romance of the Three Kingdoms discussion with our resident Scholars. Topics relating to the novel and history are both welcome. Don't forget to check the Forum Rules before posting.
Kongming’s Archives: Romance of the Three Kingdoms
Three Kingdoms Officer Biographies
Three Kingdoms Officer Encyclopedia
Scholars of Shen Zhou Search Tool

Re: 'Talons and Fangs of the Eastern Han Warlords' Thesis

Unread postby Sun Fin » Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:41 am

The opening page gives you a link to a free to access pdf, Qin Fang. Although I do wonder if that should still be accessible now his published it? I'm excited it is now in paper book form, I will look to pick it up soon.
Have a question about a book or academic article before you buy it? Maybe I have it!
Check out my library here for a list of Chinese history resources I have on hand!
Sun Fin
Librarian of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Aaron.K » Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:57 am

Sun Fin wrote:The opening page gives you a link to a free to access pdf, Qin Fang. Although I do wonder if that should still be accessible now his published it? I'm excited it is now in paper book form, I will look to pick it up soon.

Usually a thesis paper is quite different from when it eventually gets published as a book (which is generally considered the next step after successfully completing and defending a thesis). The majority of the time you should be able to still have access to the original thesis paper (in all the instances that I've seen it, I've been able to get access to the thesis no problem).

Though I have confirmed and checked that it's still accessible.
"Don't trust anyone. Never sit with your back to an entrance. Wear shoes with reversed footprints."
Aaron.K
Sage

Unread postby Sun Fin » Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:19 am

Thanks Aaron, that does make sense! I know Graff's book was a fleshing out of his thesis for example!
Have a question about a book or academic article before you buy it? Maybe I have it!
Check out my library here for a list of Chinese history resources I have on hand!
Sun Fin
Librarian of Shen Zhou

Previous

Return to Sanguo Yanyi Symposium