Updating the SGZ biography translations

Join the Romance of the Three Kingdoms discussion with our resident Scholars. Topics relating to the novel and history are both welcome. Don't forget to check the Forum Rules before posting.
Kongming’s Archives: Romance of the Three Kingdoms
Three Kingdoms Officer Biographies
Three Kingdoms Officer Encyclopedia
Scholars of Shen Zhou Search Tool

Re: Updating the SGZ biography translations

Unread postby James » Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:57 pm

CaTigeReptile wrote:That was definitely a concern of mine, though I was talking about the biographies published on KMA mostly since the rest aren't, well, KMA's -- so it becomes how to deal with, like, people whose translations are on KMA but who haven't been seen around in a while (to my knowledge at least), like Jiuwan. Maybe some of their old e-mail addresses still work as listed.
(Also, calling out Lady Wu's hotmail e-mail address.)

To clarify, I was still referring to biographies on KMA—more specifically, that some of them have been published but come from sources like Three Kingdoms Frontier where any revision (other than e.g. typographical) would definitely need author permission. Which simply be stating the obvious, given the copyright for all of these biographies, of course, belongs to the original author(s). The arrangement has always been nothing more than sharing the biography with KMA’s audience. :)
Kongming’s Archives – Romance of the Three Kingdoms Novel, History and Games
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Previous

Return to Sanguo Yanyi Symposium