English translation of Sanguo zhi pinghua

Join the Romance of the Three Kingdoms discussion with our resident Scholars. Topics relating to the novel and history are both welcome. Don't forget to check the Forum Rules before posting.
Kongming’s Archives: Romance of the Three Kingdoms
Three Kingdoms Officer Biographies
Three Kingdoms Officer Encyclopedia
Scholars of Shen Zhou Search Tool

English translation of Sanguo zhi pinghua

Unread postby plunged » Sun Nov 13, 2016 12:09 pm

Hello all,

Just wanna say that I'm getting help in making an English translation of the Sanguo zhi pinghua! Currently only 10 pages are translated, and it may take a long while before all the 69 pages are translated though.

Anyway, if you're interested in reading the SGZPH, you can find the translated pages here below. I will be posting more pages at random... (though I think at least one per month).

Sanguo zhi pinghua main page

SGZ Pinghua page 1
SGZ Pinghua page 2
SGZ Pinghua page 3
SGZ Pinghua page 4
SGZ Pinghua page 5
SGZ Pinghua page 6
SGZ Pinghua page 7
SGZ Pinghua page 8
SGZ Pinghua page 9
SGZ Pinghua page 10

(you can use the navigation bar at the top of each page to navigate through all the pages)

So... I hope people are interested in this, and if you are I hope you like this translation. Please let me know if you do, or if you spot any errors, or if you think certain sentences could be written better, or if you have some more information for the main page, cause I think it's still a bit shallow.

Btw, the story doesn't really kick off until page 5, when the Yellow Turban Rebellion starts. The first 4 pages serve as prelude and may be considered a bit odd.
Please check out: Gongjin's Campaign Memorials: a Three Kingdoms Wiki.
Now with translations of: He Jin, Huangfu Song, Zhu Jun, Lu Zhi, Cheng Pu, Sima Shi, Lady Wang and many more.

Read Romance of the Three Kingdoms online (with corrected names)
plunged
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Re: English translation of Sanguo zhi pinghua

Unread postby plunged » Sun Nov 13, 2016 9:53 pm

lol,

Been busy with this since September, and I was sure at that time there was no English translation available for this, so I thought I was doing something unique...

but now all of a sudden I stumble upon this:

https://www.abebooks.com/servlet/BookDe ... ortby%3D17

:|

I just ordered that book to check if it's good. If it is (it probably is), consider the project cancelled.... :cry:
Now with translations of: He Jin, Huangfu Song, Zhu Jun, Lu Zhi, Cheng Pu, Sima Shi, Lady Wang and many more.

plunged
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Sun Fin » Tue Nov 22, 2016 8:16 pm

Has it arrived buddy? Is it any good, would be something I'd be interested if it gets the Plunged vote of approval!

Hope you don't get disheartened by it being a waste of time, the amount you contribute to the 3K community is awesome!
Interested in the history behind the novel? Find a list of english language Three Kingdom sources here.
Sun Fin
Librarian of Shen Zhou

Unread postby plunged » Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:30 am

I haven't had much time to read it, and I'm also currently reading another book (about that Netflix show, Making a Murderer, very good read) and I wanna finish that first before I read this one.

But at first glance Records of the Three Kingdoms in Plain Language seems very professional and an easy to read translation.

Sun Fin wrote:Hope you don't get disheartened by it being a waste of time, the amount you contribute to the 3K community is awesome!

plunged
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Aaron.K » Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:05 am

It's available in ebook form from Google here;

https://play.google.com/store/books/det ... h_viewport

Also available in paperback from Amazon.
"Why have you come to Jotunheim all alone?"
Aaron.K
Sage

Return to Sanguo Yanyi Symposium