if wei yan dont die, what would shu be ?

Join the Romance of the Three Kingdoms discussion with our resident Scholars. Topics relating to the novel and history are both welcome. Don't forget to check the Forum Rules before posting.
Kongming’s Archives: Romance of the Three Kingdoms
Three Kingdoms Officer Biographies
Three Kingdoms Officer Encyclopedia
Scholars of Shen Zhou Search Tool

if wei yan dont die, what would shu be ?

Unread postby rsetiawan » Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:57 am

since so quiet nowadays let make new hotheaded discussion..

if wei yan dont die and win the favor of shu palace, what would happened ?
i think it would be interesting, imagine jiangwei teamed up with wei yan///both are war addicted, look for self fame, a bit careless..
what you think ? would they succesfully team up and conquer wei with 2 prong attack a la deng ai n zhong hui ? or simply shu fall out much quicker and more ruinous ? :lol:

my first thread after so many years :lol:
rsetiawan
Initiate

Re: if wei yan dont die, what would shu be ?

Unread postby LiuBeiwasGreat » Thu Sep 03, 2015 3:24 pm

depends on how Wei Yan survives, if he doesn't rebel then he would mainly be under the command of Jiang Wan who was Zhuge's successor. Shu-Han didn't go on the offensive much during those years and Wei Yan was getting a bit old. If he survived long enough he would have eventually become the grand commander of the armies rather then Jiang Wei, not sure if that would be much different in the long run :lol:
"If you can't drink a lobbyist's whiskey, take his money, sleep with his women and still vote against him in the morning, you don't belong in politics."
LiuBeiwasGreat
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Thu Sep 03, 2015 6:38 pm

I assume Wei Yan is now CIC. Shu army gets crushed in an over-aggressive camapign and Wei Yan's lack of ability with other officers sparks protests and maybe even revolts, discipline is shot since Shu has basically invited "don't like you boss. Revolt at will". Quite possible even Liu Shan summons up the will to sack his CiC
“You, are a rebellious son who abandoned his father. You are a cruel brigand who murdered his lord. How can Heaven and Earth put up with you for long? And unless you die soon, how can you face the sight of men?”
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Location: "Now we must die. May Your Majesty maintain yourself"

Unread postby LordSimaYi » Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:10 pm

Well actually I think (and what I'm determined to prove in a YouTube LP of RTK10 as Wei Yan in 227AD I'm planning :lol: ) Wei Yan would of done a great job. If he used his Ziwu Valley attack on Chang An; it probably would of worked as Xiahou Mao would most likely cry and run off (Most to the displease to a certain someone 1 door down to the right *Looks over the garden wall at SimRTK*) and from then the Wei cities westwards would lose morale since the old capital has been lost, so Zhuge Liang could lead the main forces and stomp all over that area. :?

I'm pretty sure that there was also some speculation that since everything was going wrong for him; Zhuge Liang started becoming depressed which depleted his health; causing him to die early. So maybe he could of lived a little longer to help out.

Also, what ever happened to Zhuge Liang's cool wheelchair? Jiang Wei used it to scare off Sima Yi then it just rolled off the face of the Earth. I would of liked to see Wei Yan riding it in his later years too. :lol:
LordSimaYi
Student

Unread postby XuSheng » Fri Sep 04, 2015 1:32 am

Wei Yan would still not be enough to beat Deng Ai.
I like to kill people in my dreams, so when I fall asleep be sure not to come too close.
XuSheng
Assistant

Unread postby LiuBeiwasGreat » Fri Sep 04, 2015 2:51 am

XuSheng wrote:Wei Yan would still not be enough to beat Deng Ai.

I am not so sure, Wei Yan did defeat Guo Huai. Wei Yan was a great military officer, crappy person, but really good at leading armies.
"If you can't drink a lobbyist's whiskey, take his money, sleep with his women and still vote against him in the morning, you don't belong in politics."
LiuBeiwasGreat
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby rsetiawan » Fri Sep 04, 2015 3:11 am

LordSimaYi wrote:Well actually I think (and what I'm determined to prove in a YouTube LP of RTK10 as Wei Yan in 227AD I'm planning :lol: ) Wei Yan would of done a great job. If he used his Ziwu Valley attack on Chang An; it probably would of worked as Xiahou Mao would most likely cry and run off (Most to the displease to a certain someone 1 door down to the right *Looks over the garden wall at SimRTK*) and from then the Wei cities westwards would lose morale since the old capital has been lost, so Zhuge Liang could lead the main forces and stomp all over that area. :?

I'm pretty sure that there was also some speculation that since everything was going wrong for him; Zhuge Liang started becoming depressed which depleted his health; causing him to die early. So maybe he could of lived a little longer to help out.

Also, what ever happened to Zhuge Liang's cool wheelchair? Jiang Wei used it to scare off Sima Yi then it just rolled off the face of the Earth. I would of liked to see Wei Yan riding it in his later years too. :lol:

I got idea! :shock:

Shu should keep the dead of zhuge liang a secret forever and bring that zhuge statue on chariot everywhere to scares sima yi in every campaign... :twisted:
rsetiawan
Initiate

Unread postby XuSheng » Fri Sep 04, 2015 3:47 am

LiuBeiwasGreat wrote:

I am not so sure, Wei Yan did defeat Guo Huai. Wei Yan was a great military officer, crappy person, but really good at leading armies.

When did he beat Guo Huai ? I don't remember, but it doesn't really prove anything since Deng Ai was superior in every way to Guo Huai.
I like to kill people in my dreams, so when I fall asleep be sure not to come too close.
XuSheng
Assistant

Unread postby rsetiawan » Fri Sep 04, 2015 4:43 am

Dong Zhou wrote:I assume Wei Yan is now CIC. Shu army gets crushed in an over-aggressive camapign and Wei Yan's lack of ability with other officers sparks protests and maybe even revolts, discipline is shot since Shu has basically invited "don't like you boss. Revolt at will". Quite possible even Liu Shan summons up the will to sack his CiC

why cant he succeed ? deng ai and zhong hui also do overagressive gambling when they invade isnt it ?
a little thing or two gone wrong the offensive will failed and both of them will lost their head and remembered as silly sima offensive and ppl will cheer those advisor who advising against the offensive.....
rsetiawan
Initiate

Unread postby LiuBeiwasGreat » Fri Sep 04, 2015 4:50 am

XuSheng wrote:
LiuBeiwasGreat wrote:

When did he beat Guo Huai ? I don't remember, but it doesn't really prove anything since Deng Ai was superior in every way to Guo Huai.

During one of the Northern Campaigns Zhuge Liang sent Wei Yan along with Wu Yi with a small force to try to gather allies from the tribes in Liang. Guo Huai was sent by Wei to do a similar thing. Neither side had a large army and fought each other, Guo Huai was defeated and fled back to Chang An. This was one of Guo Huai's very few defeats :P
Wei Yan was a great general, while Deng Ai was also fantastic he mainly defeated Jiang Wei and I believe most of us would agree that Wei Yan was probably a better general then Jiang Wei.
LiuBeiwasGreat
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Next

Return to Sanguo Yanyi Symposium