Looking for Proofreaders for RTK-inspired short story

Join the Romance of the Three Kingdoms discussion with our resident Scholars. Topics relating to the novel and history are both welcome. Don't forget to check the Forum Rules before posting.
Kongming’s Archives: Romance of the Three Kingdoms
Three Kingdoms Officer Biographies
Three Kingdoms Officer Encyclopedia
Scholars of Shen Zhou Search Tool

Looking for Proofreaders for RTK-inspired short story

Unread postby LTom » Mon Feb 09, 2015 5:03 am

I'm not sure if this is the right place in the forums for this, but I think this is probably one of the best places for me to find Three Kingdoms enthusiasts. :)

I'm a short fiction writer, usually fantasy and science fiction, and I'm currently working on a historical fantasy based off the Three Kingdoms time period. Specifically, the story takes place in the immediate aftermath following the death of Zhuge Liang on the Wuzhang Plains. Jiang Wei is the main character.

While I've done what I can for research to get a feel for the history and culture at the time (read the RotTK novel, Wikipedia, watched TV dramas, and muddled through the RotTK X game), I'm not as naturally a hardcore fan and I have a deadline to submit this story to the editor by the end of the month.

Would anyone here be willing to proofread the story to see if I do anything completely wrong from a historical or RTK novel standpoint? Obviously some artistic license has been taken because this is now a dark fantasy (borderline horror) story and it's not my intent to mimic the style of the novel.

It would help (but isn't necessary) if you are also familiar with the works of H.P. Lovecraft.

I am working on a deadline, so I would need comments back by February 21st so I have enough time to incorporate any suggestions, but honestly the sooner the better because I will be continuing to revise while any volunteers are reading due to the short timeframe.

If are you interested please PM me the e-mail address you would like the story sent to and I should get a draft to you within 24 hours.

Thank you very much.
LTom
Tyro

Return to Sanguo Yanyi Symposium