Page 2 of 5

Re: if you were born in The Three Kingdoms Era

Unread postPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 7:32 am
by Dong Zhou
Why the eyeroll after Shu?

Re: if you were born in The Three Kingdoms Era

Unread postPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:51 am
by yevonsama
find a good place in the South to grow my clan. After I died, I tell me that: " Jin will soon fell, the Winter are coming. That will be our golden age, my son. ". :lol:

Re: if you were born in The Three Kingdoms Era

Unread postPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 11:59 pm
by greencactaur
Realistically? I would probably die of hunger or illness

in a dream scenario? I would serve Liu bei from the beginning to the end. Even if it meant my life!

Re: if you were born in The Three Kingdoms Era

Unread postPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 11:55 am
by Dong Zhou
greencactaur wrote: Even if it meant my life!


Why are you willing to die for him? With the exception of possibly those from Southern China and Wu, I can't see why anyone would want to throw their lives away for any of the main warlords in the civil war. This is not a situation where there is a great cause like some civil wars, this is ambitious warlord vs ambitious warlord

Re: if you were born in The Three Kingdoms Era

Unread postPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 1:50 pm
by LiuBeiwasGreat
Dong Zhou wrote:
greencactaur wrote: Even if it meant my life!


Why are you willing to die for him? With the exception of possibly those from Southern China and Wu, I can't see why anyone would want to throw their lives away for any of the main warlords in the civil war. This is not a situation where there is a great cause like some civil wars, this is ambitious warlord vs ambitious warlord


Your much more likely to be remembered for thousands of years if you give your life heroically to one of the main warlords. Very few people care about the valiant general who served Kong Rong, but people remember Fu Rong whose only recorded act in history is to die for Liu Bei :P

Re: if you were born in The Three Kingdoms Era

Unread postPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 8:15 am
by Dong Zhou
If greencactaur is seeking immortality by death in battle and would prefer it under Liu Bei then I can see that (though life is more fun :wink: ). It is a gamble though as to what death becomes immortalized and what deaths get forgotten over time, even among the big kingdoms

Re: if you were born in The Three Kingdoms Era

Unread postPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 10:14 am
by greencactaur
I live for loyalty and honor :D. I Know that in reality, the whole honor and loyalty thing is romanticized in the novel, but my heart and spirit demands to serve someone loyally. I rather die, helping a my master with a cause, then to see another person rule. I know that thought process is outdated/a romantic dream, but it's just who I am :P.

Re: if you were born in The Three Kingdoms Era

Unread postPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 1:37 pm
by LiuBeiwasGreat
Dong Zhou wrote:If greencactaur is seeking immortality by death in battle and would prefer it under Liu Bei then I can see that (though life is more fun :wink: ). It is a gamble though as to what death becomes immortalized and what deaths get forgotten over time, even among the big kingdoms


You need cool death phrase, Fu Rong "A true Han general would never surrender to the dogs of Wu" will always be an awesome line! :lol: :P

Re: if you were born in The Three Kingdoms Era

Unread postPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 8:59 am
by Dong Zhou
greencactaur wrote:I live for loyalty and honor :D. I Know that in reality, the whole honor and loyalty thing is romanticized in the novel, but my heart and spirit demands to serve someone loyally. I rather die, helping a my master with a cause, then to see another person rule. I know that thought process is outdated/a romantic dream, but it's just who I am :P.


Loyalty and honour aren't old fashioned, it is has evolved (there aren't much calls for heroic last stands if you live in much of the west nowadays). Sometimes it is a good thing, sometimes (political loyalties based on "family has always voted for") is a bad thing. Past system of loyalty and honour do get romanticized and twisted though.

So you would rather die then let another win? Why? What is this cause he has that is strong that it comes above everything else, your family, friends, the people of Liu Bei's lands, China itself? Let alone whoever is going to be hurt by your death (depending on the method). If you seek a cause worth dying for then seek it but surely one should make it a really good cause not "yet another ambitious warlord"? Or better yet, find a cause worthy dedicating the rest of your life too and hope you never have to die for it :wink:

LiuBeiwasGreat wrote:
You need cool death phrase, Fu Rong "A true Han general would never surrender to the dogs of Wu" will always be an awesome line! :lol: :P


Zhang Yi should have gone for something pity rather then a letter to Liu Shan, that was his mistake :wink:

Re: if you were born in The Three Kingdoms Era

Unread postPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:25 pm
by greencactaur
To be honest, the reason might seem dumb, but to have someone acknowledge me, and make use of me, makes me feel a sense of belong, and that is a kindness, that I feel I'd repay no matter what. That's just me though. :mrgreen: