if you were born in The Three Kingdoms Era

Join the Romance of the Three Kingdoms discussion with our resident Scholars. Topics relating to the novel and history are both welcome. Don't forget to check the Forum Rules before posting.
Kongming’s Archives: Romance of the Three Kingdoms
Three Kingdoms Officer Biographies
Three Kingdoms Officer Encyclopedia
Scholars of Shen Zhou Search Tool

Re: if you were born in The Three Kingdoms Era

Unread postby Yaoyu » Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:17 am

The honest answer: I would have died young, at 12, due to my illness. In the best case scenario, I would have been paralysed from the waist down with probably some brain damage. In that case, I can only hope that my family would have had both the means to look after me, and the inclination.

The less honest answer: Having been born healthy and full of vitality, and into a wealthy family, I would probably most like to end up as a scholar-gentleman. I would study the philosophers, and the Dao, and play the lute so beautifully even the birds will cry. (Maybe there is room for that still as a paralysed noble?) I will write stories, and histories, and mix the two together for both political and aesthetic reasons.

If I was born in a poor family then I may become a eunuch, and become some kind of despised sycophant working my way up through the imperial court. I'd adopt all the promising children and hope they turned out as good as Cao Song.

Failing that, how bad could it be to be a farmer, and enjoy the beauty of the chinese countryside every day? Simple things.
“I am not scared of tigers in the dark!” Zhang Kai shouted into the night. “Show your stripy faces!”
You can read my alternate history RotTK fanfiction here.
Yaoyu
Tyro

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Sat Mar 02, 2019 4:42 pm

Welcome to the forum Yaoyu

I like the honesty and attempts for a realistic answer
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Location: "Now we must die. May Your Majesty maintain yourself"

Unread postby Qin Feng » Sat Mar 02, 2019 11:46 pm

I'd be a tactician, but probably will end up with my head rolling on the floor if I'm not a good one :lol:
Qin Feng
Assistant

Previous

Return to Sanguo Yanyi Symposium