SGZ Biography Index & Translation Links

Join the Romance of the Three Kingdoms discussion with our resident Scholars. Topics relating to the novel and history are both welcome. Don't forget to check the Forum Rules before posting.
Kongming’s Archives: Romance of the Three Kingdoms
Three Kingdoms Officer Biographies
Three Kingdoms Officer Encyclopedia
Scholars of Shen Zhou Search Tool

Re: SGZ Biography Index & Translation Links

Unread postby Yang Dayang » Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:50 pm

Oh sorry, I thought it's from the SGZ as the URL suggested.
Yang Dayang
Changshi

Unread postby Sun Fin » Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:10 pm

I just tried to read Sun Shao's bio and my internet blocked it because I haven't taken my content lock off my new laptop yet. Anyway the fact that it had a content lock on that page worried me slightly, is the bio still there or has it been replaced by something dodgy?
“I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.” ― Nelson Mandela
Sun Fin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby James » Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:21 pm

Sun Fin wrote:I just tried to read Sun Shao's bio and my internet blocked it because I haven't taken my content lock off my new laptop yet. Anyway the fact that it had a content lock on that page worried me slightly, is the bio still there or has it been replaced by something dodgy?

I just checked and it's still there. And because it's hosted on the Wayback Machine there shouldn't really be a concern of malware or other problems.
Kongming’s Archives – Romance of the Three Kingdoms Novel, History and Games
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby Sun Fin » Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:28 pm

OK well this is what I get come up? It seems really strange?

Unsafe context link
“I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.” ― Nelson Mandela
Sun Fin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby capnnerefir » Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:27 pm

Sun Fin wrote:OK well this is what I get come up? It seems really strange?

Unsafe context link

That looks like malware on your computer to me ( as opposed to something unsafe on the site). I have yet to see any legitimate content blocking service that demands your credit card information like that.
capnnerefir
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Sun Fin » Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:35 pm

capnnerefir wrote:That looks like malware on your computer to me ( as opposed to something unsafe on the site). I have yet to see any legitimate content blocking service that demands your credit card information like that.

Cool that's what I thought :).
Sun Fin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby James » Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:15 pm

Actually, that looks bizarrely authentic. Notice that it is a secure and verified connection to t-mobile.co.uk, which is the legitimate website for T-Mobile's UK presence.

Here is information on T-Mobile Content Lock.

It does seem odd that they have chosen to validate age with enough credit card information to actually process a transaction with the associated credit card...
Kongming’s Archives – Romance of the Three Kingdoms Novel, History and Games
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby capnnerefir » Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:19 pm

Hmm...it does look authentic, but then again, a decent credit card scam would have to look authentic. I'm not really a computer guy, though, so what can I say? I just don't trust it when people ask me for a credit card.
capnnerefir
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby TigerTally » Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:27 am

A content lock is often about potentially offensive contents, but not malwares. Wayback machine is a digital archive for the whole internet, and people can use it to access websites that are shut down. However, it will also cache information from adult websites, and that may be the reason why it is blocked by T-mobile as the internet provider.

If you want to get through the content lock set up by your internet provider without giving out credit card number or other personal proof, you can try using a VPN.
TigerTally
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Sun Fin » Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:18 pm

The coinreads eBook site that Doctors is on appears to be for sale and no longer has the book up?
Sun Fin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

PreviousNext

Return to Sanguo Yanyi Symposium