SGZ Biography Index & Translation Links

Join the Romance of the Three Kingdoms discussion with our resident Scholars. Topics relating to the novel and history are both welcome. Don't forget to check the Forum Rules before posting.
Kongming’s Archives: Romance of the Three Kingdoms
Three Kingdoms Officer Biographies
Three Kingdoms Officer Encyclopedia
Scholars of Shen Zhou Search Tool

Re: SGZ Biography Index & Translation Links

Unread postby Kongde » Sat Mar 30, 2019 8:11 pm

Being that this resource has now aged a bit, there has since been quite a few additions to SGZ biography translations and other reliable references to this long list of people. I've done my best to include them in this updated revision (Still in the works, I'm working in order, there is quite a bit of new information and missing bios. I used the same format OP did to keep good consistency). I take credit for nothing here, I am simply directing any to these wonderful resources. However, due credit to TigerTally, obviously, for the OP and the basis of this. I've also added several new officer entries that were just a sub-officer bio within the SGZ. This is simply update work!! (so hopefully this is okay, and appreciated)

Records of the Three Kingdoms

Let me know what you all think so far and feel free to make any corrections / point out any dead links I missed (I tried to go through and correct previous dead links like the Xiahou Yuan mentioned earlier) / add to it, I'll update it too. Again, this is unfinished, but this is quite a comprehensive list and has taken me several hours just to get the list to this point, but it would be pointless to continue much more if people do not find this helpful, as this is a very, very time consuming project and this is more for everyone in the community than, say, myself even.

LAST UPDATED: 4/16/2019 - DONE WITH WEI!!!!
Last edited by Kongde on Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:06 am, edited 6 times in total.
?-Kongde-?
Kongde
Apprentice

Unread postby Sun Fin » Sat Apr 13, 2019 4:31 pm

Epic work Kongde! This will be really helpful! :D
Have a question about a book or academic article before you buy it? Maybe I have it!
Check out my library here for a list of Chinese history resources I have on hand!
Sun Fin
Librarian of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Kongde » Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:02 am

Sun Fin wrote:Epic work Kongde! This will be really helpful! :D

Glad you think so! Will be doing updates to it hopefully soon-ish when I get more free time....! There was a considerable number of new SGZ bios that previously were unavailable when this was last updated, so I thought updating it might well used, and I even added other mini bios often sourced from SGZ to help give you an idea of said person instead of leaving you with nothing at all.
?-Kongde-?
Kongde
Apprentice

Unread postby Kongde » Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:00 pm

I have added the barbarian tribes to the Wei list and linked the translated parts and added bios to the ones with no translations that were out there. Please let me know any suggestions to add / missing SGZ bios so far and I will include it in there. Even if you have an alternate version of an SGZ translation that I did not have up, please do not hesitate to share, the more variety of sources the better.

Also, I am looking for the contents of that Doctors, Diviners, and Magicians link...wayback machine did not have it saved but if anybody had it personally saved, please let me know!

With that said, as of now, the Wei portion is all done... for now!!!
?-Kongde-?
Kongde
Apprentice

Previous

Return to Sanguo Yanyi Symposium