Fansub of the new Three Kingdom TV series (Ep 1-95 released)

Join the Romance of the Three Kingdoms discussion with our resident Scholars. Topics relating to the novel and history are both welcome. Don't forget to check the Forum Rules before posting.
Kongming’s Archives: Romance of the Three Kingdoms
Three Kingdoms Officer Biographies
Three Kingdoms Officer Encyclopedia
Scholars of Shen Zhou Search Tool

Re: Fansub of the new Three Kingdom TV series (Ep 1-95 relea

Unread postby QilinStar » Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:21 am

That's what I said too that they did make up a handful of stuff. There were many scenes where the story was modified. I believe they made up the political tension in Wu around Zhou Yu and Sun Quan. Wei Yan's death was shown too quickly. How could I forget Xiao Qiao and her part in Chibi? They had her to the sword dance instead of Zhou Yu.

They don't put the historical facts in outright. They did it subtly. One scene that strikes me as such is the one where Ma Teng was discussing with Han Sui about how to confuse Cao Cao with a series of memorials. Something about him fleeing to Cao Cao for help because Han Sui and Ma Chao were rebelling against him. In history, Han Sui and Ma Teng's relationship became sour and Ma Teng moved to Xu Chang and then Ma Chao rebelled. Ma Teng's lines in the scene were hinting at how the historical events unfolded even though it never happened in the series itself.

Also, historically, Zhuge Liang would manage Shu down to the last detail. They included that too when in the series Zhuge Liang would give some orders and then take it back, saying he'll do it himself. I forgot if that is also in the novel. And the part where Li Yan was dismissed and he told Zhuge Liang that he had won the political battle. I remember reading an argument saying that the Shu military was divided between Li Yan and Zhuge Liang. With Li Yan removed, Zhuge Liang has full control of it. Maybe I was reading too much between the lines but I thought that's what Li Yan's line meant.

You are right about Cao Cao and Sun Jian but regarding Cao Chong, I read somewhere that there were rumors that Cao Pi was involved with his death but nobody could ever prove it. I don't remember where I read it but I don't know if there is any truth to it. I'd be glad if anyone can tell me.
QilinStar
Tyro

Unread postby rsetiawan » Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:52 pm

no no, the rumor is that cao pi killed the mighty cao zhang with poison, not cao chong....
said happened after cao pi became emperor
rsetiawan
Initiate

Unread postby Ayame » Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:05 pm

Where is the best place to watch this online?
Ayame
Academic

Unread postby QilinStar » Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:31 am

Ayame wrote:Where is the best place to watch this online?

Youtube. Quite a few people uploaded the whole series on Youtube. You can try this link here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8rkcJ5sYDI&list=PL46NnZF5rkhehGRuhnGUI0phBmYmFposP
QilinStar
Tyro

Unread postby rsetiawan » Mon Sep 07, 2015 3:36 am

just finnish watchin
the ending part is done really hastily...
but I understand, most RTK fans are either fans of cao-wei, wu or shu and no one want to see their beloved kingdom got usurped, corrupt or got internal implosion :lol:
rsetiawan
Initiate

Unread postby QilinStar » Thu Sep 10, 2015 4:16 am

Yeah, it was pretty disappointing. I was hoping for the final episode to focus on all three kingdoms. But they went and had to make it a Sima Yi centric episode. They could have tried to bring all three kingdoms to a proper conclusion, not rush through it. I mean they spent 94 episodes on expanding the story and then focus intently on unnecessary parts. Even Dynasty Warriors 7 had a better ending scene.
QilinStar
Tyro

Unread postby CaiXin » Sun Sep 13, 2015 3:06 am

Are there any sites other than YouTube to watch this on? YouTube doesn't work on my computer. Preferably in a higher quality than what YouTube streams have to offer.
CaiXin
Tyro

Unread postby Veloran » Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:18 pm

CaiXin wrote:Are there any sites other than YouTube to watch this on? YouTube doesn't work on my computer. Preferably in a higher quality than what YouTube streams have to offer.

The Group that made the Sub is called Jiang Hu and they offer the series on their Website. I haven't found a place to watch it elsewhere.

And in my opinion the Series takes a downturn after the "Main" characters like Cao Pi, Liu Bei and all other known and great heroes of the era died and the Era of the new Generations sets in, it feels pretty rushed out and loses some of its flavour, but nonetheless it's still a good series.
Veloran
Tyro

Unread postby dan99990 » Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:56 pm

This might just be stupidity on my part, but I can't figure how to actually download the torrents. The d-addicts page doesn't actually have any file links. (At least not any that I can find.) Disclaimer: I have never actually torrented anything before, and so I don't really know how it works.
“People generally see what they look for, and hear what they listen for.” - Harper Lee, To Kill a Mockingbird
dan99990
Student

Unread postby dan99990 » Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:59 pm

Never mind, I figured it out.
“People generally see what they look for, and hear what they listen for.” - Harper Lee, To Kill a Mockingbird
dan99990
Student

PreviousNext

Return to Sanguo Yanyi Symposium