Zhang Fei the Stronger Warrior

Join the Romance of the Three Kingdoms discussion with our resident Scholars. Topics relating to the novel and history are both welcome. Don't forget to check the Forum Rules before posting.
Kongming’s Archives: Romance of the Three Kingdoms
Three Kingdoms Officer Biographies
Three Kingdoms Officer Encyclopedia
Scholars of Shen Zhou Search Tool

Re: Zhang Fei the Stronger Warrior

Unread postby mrbeate » Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:06 pm

UPDATE: This is not how i feel bout Guan Yu and Zhang Fei.. anymore atleast. I made this topic nearly over a year ago where I was rash, and uneducated.. Now I'm still uneducated but rash not so much

Anyways.. novel wise.. Guan Yu was made to look like the better of the two. Though in history, Zhang Fei outshines Guan Yu as a general(opinion). Also Zhang Fei enjoyed Gardening, Poetry, and Calligraphy. Which made him unique...
Smoke, drink, relieve my stress
mrbeate
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Cao Hong 14 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:44 pm

I agree with mrbeate, I too am uneducated and still rash but ya from what I've learned so far zhang fei is the more impressive of the 2 but the novel puts zhuge liang, liu bei, guan yu, and zhao yun as the 4 main heroes of the novel and makes them outshine everyone else, although zhang fei is portrayed a hero he isn't given the same praise that the novel gives guan yu. the novel even calls him lord guan instead of guan yu.
"Change is the law of life. And those who only look to the past or present are certain to miss the future. "
- President John F. Kennedy
Cao Hong 14
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Hyper90 » Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:06 pm

speaking of gardening , some of the trees he planted might still existed in Cheng du today. according wikipedia..
"There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die. " Sima Yi

take a look please
Hyper90
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Cao Hong 14 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:46 am

very true, trees live a long time. I'm not sure how long but I guess it could be a possibility to visit one of the trees he planted. It would be awesome to get to see a tree he planted, as it one of the few ways to feel pretty close to him and the 3K era. :D
"Change is the law of life. And those who only look to the past or present are certain to miss the future. "
Cao Hong 14
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Hyper90 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:50 am

hopefully there wont be any idiot would chop down his tree...

if it'd happens , there might be chaos ... imagine what might all the zhang fei fans might do if his trees go down
"There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die. " Sima Yi

take a look please
Hyper90
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Cao Hong 14 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:55 am

haha I could only imagine :lol: :D
Cao Hong 14
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Previous

Return to Sanguo Yanyi Symposium