Zhang Fei the Stronger Warrior

Join the Romance of the Three Kingdoms discussion with our resident Scholars. Topics relating to the novel and history are both welcome. Don't forget to check the Forum Rules before posting.
Kongming’s Archives: Romance of the Three Kingdoms
Three Kingdoms Officer Biographies
Three Kingdoms Officer Encyclopedia
Scholars of Shen Zhou Search Tool

Re: Zhang Fei the Stronger Warrior

Unread postby mrbeate » Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:03 pm

Yes he studied it was said he was great in calligraphy.
Smoke, drink, relieve my stress
mrbeate
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Lonely_dragon » Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:22 am

mrbeate wrote:Yes he studied it was said he was great in calligraphy.

Can I hear more of this? This sounds interesting... :D
"Know yourself Know your enemy you can win 100 battles, Know yourself and know not the enemy find win and defeat in equal measures, Know not yourself and know not the enemy defeated in every battle." Sun Tzu
Lonely_dragon
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Gongsun Idiot » Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:35 pm

PhoenixRising wrote:The one who can match him only Lu Bu.

There were even times when Lu Bu shivered when Zhang Fei approached him. At least the SGYY says it.
Cao Cao was one of the most friendly persons of his time. He was simply ... missunderstood.
Gongsun Idiot
Academic

Unread postby mrbeate » Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:48 pm

Zhang Fei wrote a book called Zhang Fei's 8 spear methods try searching it on google
Lonely_dragon wrote:Can I hear more of this? This sounds interesting...

Edit: He also painted
Smoke, drink, relieve my stress
mrbeate
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Crazedmongoose » Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:33 pm

Note though that many things which we by modern day standards would consider marks of an upper class educated man was not viewed as such in Three Kingdom's era.

Especially poetry and painting.

Back then to be educated and upper class meant being a gentry who wrote a crapload of essays. In fact I can't remeber where I read this but I'm pretty sure the gentry made jokes about Cao Cao's devotion to poetry as his prime form of creative expression.
Crazedmongoose
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Lonely_dragon » Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:43 am

mrbeate wrote:Zhang Fei wrote a book called Zhang Fei's 8 spear methods try searching it on google
Lonely_dragon wrote:Can I hear more of this? This sounds interesting...

Edit: He also painted

Yes I already know about the 8 spear methods, I was talking about the paintings... Because there was this manga that uses ROTK as a main theme. And in there Zhang Fei is also known as an excellent painter that he was nicknamed "Zhang Fei of the peach garden art-style."

I know that Zhang Fei has good caligraphy skills... I wish I could hear more on this... since it seems related to his historical traits. :D
"Know yourself Know your enemy you can win 100 battles, Know yourself and know not the enemy find win and defeat in equal measures, Know not yourself and know not the enemy defeated in every battle." Sun Tzu
Lonely_dragon
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Crazedmongoose » Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:01 am

Is this the Ravages of Time?

I've heard it's one of the best if not the best East-Asian none manga comic and really do want to read it (I can read Chinese).
Crazedmongoose
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby hall_of_famer02 » Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:05 pm

Crazedmongoose wrote:Is this the Ravages of Time?

I've heard it's one of the best if not the best East-Asian none manga comic and really do want to read it (I can read Chinese).

Yup it is.

Really great manga though there are some fiction. But the plot's awesome.
No one can stop the flow of time. But a moment captured in the frame of the heart will never disappear. That will be shown at the bottom of their hearts, and will always give off a great feeling. Sweet...and bitter.
hall_of_famer02
Langzhong

Unread postby Sharex » Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:23 am

Guan Yu.He played a significant role in the civil war that led to the collapse of the Han dynasty.
You know there are two kinds of tears. Tears for those who leave you and tears for those who you never let go.
xena sword
Sharex
Tyro

Unread postby Cao Hong 14 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:59 pm

zhang fei is the better of the 2 IMO. he was stronger to me anyways, and he was a better commander. guan yu didn't do anything that surpassed zhang fei. he fought yellow turbans, helped zhang fei fight lu bu and joined cao cao for a while but got 2 cheap kills. then after that he didn't do much and eventually ruled jing province but lost that after about 7 years. nothing that is great, well at least above zhang fei who beat zhang he, stood against cao cao's vast army at chang ban, killed ji ling, fought lu bu for a while without losing, helping contribute greatly to capture of riverlands and much more. he was stronger, that I'm pretty sure.
"Change is the law of life. And those who only look to the past or present are certain to miss the future. "
- President John F. Kennedy
Cao Hong 14
Scholar of Shen Zhou

PreviousNext

Return to Sanguo Yanyi Symposium