Wang Yun and Diao Chan

Join the Romance of the Three Kingdoms discussion with our resident Scholars. Topics relating to the novel and history are both welcome. Don't forget to check the Forum Rules before posting.
Kongming’s Archives: Romance of the Three Kingdoms
Three Kingdoms Officer Biographies
Three Kingdoms Officer Encyclopedia
Scholars of Shen Zhou Search Tool

Wang Yun and Diao Chan

Unread postby Lord Sun Ce » Thu May 15, 2008 9:54 am

I've been thinking for a bit, and Wang Yun was incredible. His plot to end Dong Zhuo was a stroke of genius. And then I realized, I don't give Diao Chan enough credit as well. She was 16, and basically gave herself up to be in a plot she loosely understood just to make Wang Yun happy. And to top it off, her own personal "acting", like how she portrayed her situation to Lu Bu in the Feng Yi Pavilion and then to Dong Zhuo afterwords is pretty impressive. She basically improvised it. Ya

Poor Li Ru, but #%@* him for serving under Dong Zhuo in the first place.
Sun Tzu: Disorder coming from order is a matter of organization, fear coming from courage is a matter of force, weakness coming from strength is a matter of formation.
Lord Sun Ce
Initiate

Re: Wang Yun and Diao Chan

Unread postby Guan Yan » Thu May 15, 2008 10:08 am

Lord Sun Ce wrote:I've been thinking for a bit, and Wang Yun was incredible. His plot to end Dong Zhuo was a stroke of genius. And then I realized, I don't give Diao Chan enough credit as well. She was 16, and basically gave herself up to be in a plot she loosely understood just to make Wang Yun happy. And to top it off, her own personal "acting", like how she portrayed her situation to Lu Bu in the Feng Yi Pavilion and then to Dong Zhuo afterwords is pretty impressive. She basically improvised it. Ya

Poor Li Ru, but #%@* him for serving under Dong Zhuo in the first place.

It was very smart but historically it did not happen but in the novel it was impressive but in getting Lu Bu to kill Dong zhou it did not help Wang Yun's cause he wanted to restore the Han and thought it would be over if Dong Zhou was killed but it got worse after.
Yuan shu you dare declare yourself emporor I shall bring the justice of the Han upon your head.
Guan Yan
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Fri May 16, 2008 8:14 am

Great plot in the novel and Diao Chan does a fantastic job to ensure it happens. Problem is Wang Yun rather mucks it up afterwards, alienating everyone and driving Li Jue and co into revolt
“You, are a rebellious son who abandoned his father. You are a cruel brigand who murdered his lord. How can Heaven and Earth put up with you for long? And unless you die soon, how can you face the sight of men?”
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Location: "Now we must die. May Your Majesty maintain yourself"

Unread postby Guan Yan » Fri May 16, 2008 8:42 am

Wang Yun became arrogant and reckless and so that is when thing started to get bad.
Yuan shu you dare declare yourself emporor I shall bring the justice of the Han upon your head.
Guan Yan
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby kwankong » Mon May 26, 2008 9:21 am

Diao Chan, may she burns in hell.
Is the history always true, while the book always false? Is the true always right and the false always wrong? History become legend, legend become myth, and myth become fictional?
kwankong
Initiate

Unread postby Guan Yan » Mon May 26, 2008 9:32 am

Why?
Guan Yan
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby kwankong » Mon May 26, 2008 11:10 am

because i don't like what she did. playing with people feelings.
there are many better ways to take down Dong Zhuo, than that lowly and disgusting method.
there are many powerful generals which capable in defeating Lu Bu.
reading this footnotes makes me more and more.. hate her.
Is the history always true, while the book always false? Is the true always right and the false always wrong? History become legend, legend become myth, and myth become fictional?
kwankong
Initiate

Unread postby Guan Yan » Mon May 26, 2008 11:17 am

Because Guan Yu cut her to pieces :lol: in a play.
Guan Yan
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Mon May 26, 2008 6:28 pm

Might I point out that they tried to invasion route. It didn't work, the warlords were too self serving, guile was needed now. A one on one invasion would have been destroyed, novel wise due to Lu Bu and Li Ru, historywise due to Dongy, Xu Rong, Lu Bu among others.

Also burning in hell just for the methods is harsh in the extreme
“You, are a rebellious son who abandoned his father. You are a cruel brigand who murdered his lord. How can Heaven and Earth put up with you for long? And unless you die soon, how can you face the sight of men?”
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Location: "Now we must die. May Your Majesty maintain yourself"

Unread postby kwankong » Mon May 26, 2008 9:28 pm

Pardon for my rudeness. People learns many things from the book. The book itself teach the reader how precious a Loyalty and Trust are. For example, Cao Cao admitted he did a mistake by killing Ju Shou because he is a Tiong-gi (loyal-man).

Alright Diao Chan sacrifice herself for Han (or maybe she enjoy it?) but why did she follow Lu Bu after that? why not kill him too? i am sure she have many chances to do that.
kwankong
Initiate

Next

Return to Sanguo Yanyi Symposium