On Sima Yi and traitorness

Join the Romance of the Three Kingdoms discussion with our resident Scholars. Topics relating to the novel and history are both welcome. Don't forget to check the Forum Rules before posting.
Kongming’s Archives: Romance of the Three Kingdoms
Three Kingdoms Officer Biographies
Three Kingdoms Officer Encyclopedia
Scholars of Shen Zhou Search Tool

Unread postby Han Xin » Mon Oct 28, 2002 6:03 am

Xiao He wrote:
Great Deer wrote:
Kotaro Asai wrote:He was a insensitive and ruthless wannabe strategist retard.

wannabe strategist? Definitely not. He was one of the premier strategist of his time.

Especially when he has a disposable general called Zhang He to soften the landing when he got shot down by Zhuge Liang twice in the fourth expedition. lol

Debatable.
Han Xin's past-time - 沉湎於酒, 淫於聲色, 左手擁華姬,右手抱越女:lol:
Han Xin
Shu Emperor

Unread postby Xiao He » Mon Oct 28, 2002 6:25 am

sorry, double post
Last edited by Xiao He on Mon Oct 28, 2002 6:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
Xiao He: High Minister of Han Gaozu
Xiao He
Apprentice

Unread postby Xiao He » Mon Oct 28, 2002 6:26 am

Han Xin wrote:
Xiao He wrote:
Great Deer wrote:
Kotaro Asai wrote:He was a insensitive and ruthless wannabe strategist retard.

wannabe strategist? Definitely not. He was one of the premier strategist of his time.

Especially when he has a disposable general called Zhang He to soften the landing when he got shot down by Zhuge Liang twice in the fourth expedition. lol

Debatable.

Why debatable? Its easy. Just dismiss the source as an unbelievable story. :lol:
Xiao He: High Minister of Han Gaozu
Xiao He
Apprentice

Unread postby DianWei » Tue Oct 29, 2002 12:26 am

HOLD it!! wasnt it his kids that did all this?! all sima did was go about doing his duties... i read the book and for some reason i cant remember a nything about sima <b>YI</b> killing the xiahou family... and i think the only thing about the Cao family and xiahou families being attacked at all by the sima's was after sima yi's death!
if i remember correctly he never truly laid an offensive hand against the cao's or xiahou's though i do remember him slandering xiahou mao...
Im in ur vanguard, vanquishin ur d00ds.
DianWei
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Jimayo » Tue Oct 29, 2002 12:31 am

DianWei wrote:HOLD it!! wasnt it his kids that did all this?! all sima did was go about doing his duties... i read the book and for some reason i cant remember a nything about sima <b>YI</b> killing the xiahou family... and i think the only thing about the Cao family and xiahou families being attacked at all by the sima's was after sima yi's death!
if i remember correctly he never truly laid an offensive hand against the cao's or xiahou's though i do remember him slandering xiahou mao...

Sima Yi had Cao Shuang, and his entire clan executed after Sima defeated Cao in a fight for ultimate power in wei.
98% of the internet population has a Myspace. If you're part of the 2% that isn't an emo bastard, copy and paste this into your sig.
Jimayo
Lord of the Thirteen Hells

Location: Nothingness. And that's where I'll be returning in oh, about 15 minutes.

Unread postby DianWei » Tue Oct 29, 2002 12:40 am

well... i dont want to sound insistent... but could i have the chapter number this happens in, just for a reference...
Im in ur vanguard, vanquishin ur d00ds.
DianWei
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Jimayo » Tue Oct 29, 2002 1:02 am

DianWei wrote:well... i dont want to sound insistent... but could i have the chapter number this happens in, just for a reference...

Chapter 106 and 107(somewhere in there) in the online one.
98% of the internet population has a Myspace. If you're part of the 2% that isn't an emo bastard, copy and paste this into your sig.
Jimayo
Lord of the Thirteen Hells

Location: Nothingness. And that's where I'll be returning in oh, about 15 minutes.

Unread postby dengai » Sun Jul 18, 2004 8:32 pm

Sima Yi was not a traitor but he is still responsible for the fall of wei.
He should have tought his sons how to behave :lol: .
I think he is smart enough to know his sons are rebelious so why did he had the military power he prosessed to them?
Because of Yi's children, a lot of people see him as a traitor.
I don't see a point in this, everyone can copy it.
dengai
Assistant

Location: Pulled by a dark abyss in space, unable to break free...

Unread postby robbyjo » Sun Jul 18, 2004 8:38 pm

dengai wrote:Sima Yi was not a traitor but he is still responsible for the fall of wei.
He should have tought his sons how to behave :lol: .
I think he is smart enough to know his sons are rebelious so why did he had the military power he prosessed to them?
Because of Yi's children, a lot of people see him as a traitor.

Huh?? But Sima Yi's life was threathened so that he was forced to retire and feigned crazy...?? When he went back, he basically did what he was supposed to do, e.g. throw out Meng Da. Even after this was done, Cao Shuang et. al. still wanted to depose him. So, I guess it was rather about "either me first or you first" kinda situation...

-- Rob
robbyjo
Überducky of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Lady Wu » Thu Sep 16, 2004 11:31 pm

Reposted for Cao Ah Man:

Cao Ah Man wrote:Sima Yi....To me he has always been an enigma...and I've always wondered if Sima Yi really was loyal to the Cao family or merely like Cao Cao before him, biding his time and setting up his prestige before he strikes. After long debating with my self, I've taken the view that he was loyal to the Cao family and that the usurpation of the Simas following Yi's death was not to his desire. I know I read somewhere that Sima Yi supposedly called his sons to him and told them on his death bed to serve Wei with all their loyalty, like him....your thoughts?
"Whatever you do, don't fall off the bridge! It'll be a pain to try to get back up again." - Private, DW 8
Lady Wu
There's no better state than Wu
There's no better state than Wu

PreviousNext

Return to Sanguo Yanyi Symposium