Zhou Yu or Lu Xun: Who is Best?

Join the Romance of the Three Kingdoms discussion with our resident Scholars. Topics relating to the novel and history are both welcome. Don't forget to check the Forum Rules before posting.
Kongming’s Archives: Romance of the Three Kingdoms
Three Kingdoms Officer Biographies
Three Kingdoms Officer Encyclopedia
Scholars of Shen Zhou Search Tool

Which One Was More Important To Wu?

Zhou Yu
65%
Lu Xun
35%

Total votes : 116

Unread postby DianWei » Sat Oct 26, 2002 1:43 am

it is recorded in history that chi bi is cao cao's most humilliating defeat, and subsequently stopped his southward expansion, so basically that battle alone stopped Cao Cao from practically instantly unifying china...
Im in ur vanguard, vanquishin ur d00ds.
DianWei
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Ting-Lou » Sat Oct 26, 2002 3:07 am

:lol: of coarse Zhou Yu :lol: no debate at all!!
Through me you enter the city of the worse.
Through me you enter eternal pain.
Through me you enter the population of loss.
ABANDON ALL HOPE YE WHO ENTER HERE.
Ting-Lou
Tyro

Unread postby Xiao He » Sat Oct 26, 2002 5:41 am

Lu Xun was the better strategist and politician of the two. Zhou Yu couldnt get out of his jealousy of Zhuge Liang and turned his back on Cao Cao's threat a few times. While Lu Xun, after Yiling, returned since he envisaged an attack from Cao Pi.
Xiao He
Apprentice

Unread postby Dennis » Sat Oct 26, 2002 1:28 pm

Jimayo Oyamitch wrote:
Zhou Dexiang wrote:Without Zhou Yu, there would be no Wu today, and as a result, no Shu, and if there was no Shu, Yiling would never have occured. So I think without a fraction of a doubt, Zhou Yu was most important to Wu, and consequently Shu.

Explain your reasoning to me.

Well, without Zhou Yu, no one could have spurred Sun Quan to action, so hence Wu would have surrendered, and then Cao Cao would just walk into Jing and squish Liu Bei. So the great war would have ended in 208, that's all there is to it.
Dennis
Mutha Canucka

Unread postby Stefanos » Sat Oct 26, 2002 4:44 pm

Zhou Dexiang wrote:
Jimayo Oyamitch wrote:
Zhou Dexiang wrote:Without Zhou Yu, there would be no Wu today, and as a result, no Shu, and if there was no Shu, Yiling would never have occured. So I think without a fraction of a doubt, Zhou Yu was most important to Wu, and consequently Shu.

Explain your reasoning to me.

Well, without Zhou Yu, no one could have spurred Sun Quan to action, so hence Wu would have surrendered, and then Cao Cao would just walk into Jing and squish Liu Bei. So the great war would have ended in 208, that's all there is to it.

Though I do like your reasoning, I dont think that was the point of the thread though.
I told you I get paid for every letter.. like abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
Stefanos
我的甜孩子

Unread postby Mitsunari Ishida » Sat Oct 26, 2002 8:26 pm

Zhou Yu was both important to Sun Ce and Sun Quan. He helped lay peace to the Wu land in the beginning with Sun Ce. He also thought of good plans to trick Cao Cao at Chi Bi with Sun Quan. I do not think that Lu Su could be that good at controling the Chi Bi situation due to how nice and sensitive he was. Zhou Yu was perfect for Wu, thats why I pick Zhou Yu.
Mitsunari Ishida
Scholar

Unread postby Han Xin » Sun Oct 27, 2002 2:09 am

Xiao He wrote:Lu Xun was the better strategist and politician of the two. Zhou Yu couldnt get out of his jealousy of Zhuge Liang and turned his back on Cao Cao's threat a few times. While Lu Xun, after Yiling, returned since he envisaged an attack from Cao Pi.

I thought guys that was good with historical facts like your would know that Zhou Yu never had anything against Zhuge Liang.
Han Xin's past-time - 沉湎於酒, 淫於聲色, 左手擁華姬,右手抱越女:lol:
Han Xin
Shu Emperor

Unread postby Xiao He » Sun Oct 27, 2002 2:26 am

Han Xin wrote:
Xiao He wrote:Lu Xun was the better strategist and politician of the two. Zhou Yu couldnt get out of his jealousy of Zhuge Liang and turned his back on Cao Cao's threat a few times. While Lu Xun, after Yiling, returned since he envisaged an attack from Cao Pi.

I thought guys that was good with historical facts like your would know that Zhou Yu never had anything against Zhuge Liang.

Who said I was replying historically?
Xiao He: High Minister of Han Gaozu
Xiao He
Apprentice

Unread postby Mega Zarak » Mon Oct 28, 2002 10:17 am

I promised to be here for the discussion but have been caught up with work lately. I'd join in the discussion when the bio of Lu Xun is completed (by Lady Sun and her gang of marathon runners).

Meanwhile, I'd just like to state my stand that Lu Xun > Zhou Yu. Prepare for more. :D
Mega Zarak
Grand Tutor of Wei

Unread postby Han Xin » Mon Oct 28, 2002 10:29 am

Great Deer wrote:I promised to be here for the discussion but have been caught up with work lately. I'd join in the discussion when the bio of Lu Xun is completed (by Lady Sun and her gang of marathon runners).

Meanwhile, I'd just like to state my stand that Lu Xun > Zhou Yu. Prepare for more. :D

:lol: Should we do the same comparison like the old Zhuge Liang and Zhou Yu in the other forum? Compare each guy til the age of 36? That would take away most of Lu Xun's achievements including XiLing :lol:
Han Xin's past-time - 沉湎於酒, 淫於聲色, 左手擁華姬,右手抱越女:lol:
Han Xin
Shu Emperor

PreviousNext

Return to Sanguo Yanyi Symposium