Zhou Yu or Lu Xun: Who is Best?

Join the Romance of the Three Kingdoms discussion with our resident Scholars. Topics relating to the novel and history are both welcome. Don't forget to check the Forum Rules before posting.
Kongming’s Archives: Romance of the Three Kingdoms
Three Kingdoms Officer Biographies
Three Kingdoms Officer Encyclopedia
Scholars of Shen Zhou Search Tool

Which One Was More Important To Wu?

Zhou Yu
75
64%
Lu Xun
42
36%
 
Total votes : 117

Zhou Yu or Lu Xun: Who is Best?

Unread postby Zhou Tai » Fri Oct 25, 2002 11:49 am

Well it seems on another topic theres some disputes over which of the following two were more valuable and accomplished more than the other. So discuss or fight away...which one was the better of the two....
What? Am I suppose to impress you with a phrase. ><
User avatar
Zhou Tai
Scholar
 
Posts: 372
Joined: Tue Oct 01, 2002 3:53 pm
Location: Simrtk, Version 1 and alive to the end!

Unread postby Han Xin » Fri Oct 25, 2002 11:56 am

The only thing that Lu Yi beat Zhou Yu was that Lu Yi outlived Zhou Yu by about 30 years.
Han Xin's past-time - 沉湎於酒, 淫於聲色, 左手擁華姬,右手抱越女:lol:
User avatar
Han Xin
Shu Emperor
 
Posts: 1244
Joined: Sat Jun 15, 2002 1:20 am
Location: In the middle between Love and Lust. ^_^

Re: Zhou Yu or Lu Xun <(THE DEBATE)>

Unread postby Stefanos » Fri Oct 25, 2002 12:01 pm

Zhou Tai wrote:Well it seems on another topic theres some disputes over which of the following two were more valuable and accomplished more than the other. So discuss or fight away...which one was the better of the two....


Lets look at the facts first.

Zhou Yu: He helped form the Wu Kingdom with his best friend, Sun Ce. He formulated many plans that deflected a major attack from him at Chibi.

Lu Xun: Stopped the onslaught of Liu Bei at Yiling. He wasted supplies by making failed attempts at places like Hefei.

These are the basic facts that everyone should know about these two(just by playing DW3). In my opinion, Zhou Yu was the greater. Lu Xun made failed attempts at attacking Cao Cao, while Zhou Yu was successful in aiding Sun Ce take the Southland, and he coordinated the counterstrike on Cao Cao at Chibi.
I told you I get paid for every letter.. like abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
User avatar
Stefanos
我的甜孩子
 
Posts: 1004
Joined: Wed Jun 26, 2002 4:08 pm
Location: Dont get on the plane.

Re: Zhou Yu or Lu Xun <(THE DEBATE)>

Unread postby Jimayo » Fri Oct 25, 2002 12:03 pm

Zhou Yu wrote:Zhou Yu: He helped form the Wu Kingdom with his best friend, Sun Ce.


You're talking about novelwise right?
98% of the internet population has a Myspace. If you're part of the 2% that isn't an emo bastard, copy and paste this into your sig.
Jimayo
Lord of the Thirteen Hells
 
Posts: 3308
Joined: Sat Jun 15, 2002 1:38 am
Location: Nothingness. And that's where I'll be returning in oh, about 15 minutes.

Unread postby Cao Zhi » Fri Oct 25, 2002 12:04 pm

Someone mentioned this in another thread, but Zhou Yu seemed like he was much more of a 'people commander' than Lu Xun was. Zhou Yu was able to work with his officers and men much better than Lu Xun did. I would much have rather had Zhou Yu lead me than I would Lu Xun. Zhou Yu seemed much more close to his soverign than Lu Xun did. Yes, Lu Xun gets points for outliving Zhou Yu. But I wonder, if Zhou Yu had not died, what would have become of Wu?
User avatar
Cao Zhi
Princely Poet of Wei
 
Posts: 944
Joined: Mon Aug 12, 2002 10:33 pm
Location: Vote Cao in 2004!

Re: Zhou Yu or Lu Xun <(THE DEBATE)>

Unread postby Stefanos » Fri Oct 25, 2002 12:15 pm

Jimayo Oyamitch wrote:
Zhou Yu wrote:Zhou Yu: He helped form the Wu Kingdom with his best friend, Sun Ce.


You're talking about novelwise right?


I said he helped. You say he was the rearguard, therefore he "helped form the Wu Kingdom". Novelwise he helped too. Both Zhou Yu and Lu Xun helped defend their territories, but both the attackers were not navally as capable as the defenders(Cao Cao and Liu Bei, both lived in the north).
I told you I get paid for every letter.. like abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
User avatar
Stefanos
我的甜孩子
 
Posts: 1004
Joined: Wed Jun 26, 2002 4:08 pm
Location: Dont get on the plane.

Re: Zhou Yu or Lu Xun <(THE DEBATE)>

Unread postby Jimayo » Fri Oct 25, 2002 2:55 pm

Zhou Yu wrote:I said he helped. You say he was the rearguard, therefore he "helped form the Wu Kingdom".


I'd argue how much help the rearguard was.
98% of the internet population has a Myspace. If you're part of the 2% that isn't an emo bastard, copy and paste this into your sig.
Jimayo
Lord of the Thirteen Hells
 
Posts: 3308
Joined: Sat Jun 15, 2002 1:38 am
Location: Nothingness. And that's where I'll be returning in oh, about 15 minutes.

Unread postby Chen Kun » Fri Oct 25, 2002 5:41 pm

Zhou Yu defeated Cao Cao army,while Luxun defeated Liu Bei army,so I think they're equal
I AM CHEN KUN OF SOC,WHO DARE TO CHALLENGE ME?
User avatar
Chen Kun
Scholar of Shen Zhou
 
Posts: 777
Joined: Mon Sep 09, 2002 1:43 pm
Location: Neverland

Unread postby Jimayo » Fri Oct 25, 2002 5:43 pm

Chen Kun wrote:Zhou Yu defeated Cao Cao army,while Luxun defeated Liu Bei army,so I think they're equal


There's an opinion I can agree with.

Of course Lu Kang is better than both.
98% of the internet population has a Myspace. If you're part of the 2% that isn't an emo bastard, copy and paste this into your sig.
Jimayo
Lord of the Thirteen Hells
 
Posts: 3308
Joined: Sat Jun 15, 2002 1:38 am
Location: Nothingness. And that's where I'll be returning in oh, about 15 minutes.

Unread postby Cao Ren » Fri Oct 25, 2002 6:42 pm

i think that zhou yu was more important to wu because he was able to hold off at chi bi. Lu xun held off liu bei... wow he was still great i just think that chi bi was very important
User avatar
Cao Ren
Scholar of Shen Zhou
 
Posts: 897
Joined: Sun Jun 16, 2002 4:17 pm

Next

Return to Sanguo Yanyi Symposium

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

Copyright © 2002–2008 Kongming’s Archives. All Rights Reserved