Cao Zhang

Join the Romance of the Three Kingdoms discussion with our resident Scholars. Topics relating to the novel and history are both welcome. Don't forget to check the Forum Rules before posting.
Kongming’s Archives: Romance of the Three Kingdoms
Three Kingdoms Officer Biographies
Three Kingdoms Officer Encyclopedia
Scholars of Shen Zhou Search Tool

Re: Cao Zhang

Unread postby Terranigma Freak » Fri May 30, 2008 7:57 pm

Little_Phoenix wrote:
Guan Yan wrote:Sangozhi says Cao Zhang would fight wild beast with his bare hands by himself it is recorded history it also said he was really good at horse fencing, archery, charioting and others

Yeah i read it too Guan Yan. but Sangozhi not mention about tiger. Wild beast can be anything (a boar maybe)

I swatted a fly out of the air with my bare hands once! :lol:

I think the whole tiger killing could be just an exaggeration of something more down to earth, like killing one during a hunt. They hunt with bows so he could have shot a tiger and finished it off with his bare hands.
Terranigma Freak
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Guan Yan » Sun Jun 01, 2008 6:04 am

It said he did it with his bare hands with out difficulty. :shock:
Yuan shu you dare declare yourself emporor I shall bring the justice of the Han upon your head.
Guan Yan
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Gongsun Idiot » Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:54 am

This sounds hardcore, but was ever accounted how OLD those tigers were.Probably he killed only the cubs or very old animals which weren´t able to defend themselves. Sounds odd, I know, but it is an idea...
Cao Cao was one of the most friendly persons of his time. He was simply ... missunderstood.
Gongsun Idiot
Academic

Unread postby Little_Phoenix » Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:00 am

Gongsun Idiot wrote:This sounds hardcore, but was ever accounted how OLD those tigers were.Probably he killed only the cubs or very old animals which weren´t able to defend themselves. Sounds odd, I know, but it is an idea...

there is a possible that was happening, Gongsun :lol: :lol: i also think like that either is a wounder wild beast, baby wild beast, or else (wild beast means probably not tiger...can be boar, lizard. etc)
"speedy like wind, gradually like forest, aggressively like fire, immovably like mountain" FUURINKAZAN
Little_Phoenix
Changshi

Unread postby Guan Yan » Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:07 am

It says beasts of pray so I assume big tigers and a cub is not considered a beast it is considered a cub :D He was also noted for extraordiary strength.
Yuan shu you dare declare yourself emporor I shall bring the justice of the Han upon your head.
Guan Yan
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Previous

Return to Sanguo Yanyi Symposium