Cao Zhang

Join the Romance of the Three Kingdoms discussion with our resident Scholars. Topics relating to the novel and history are both welcome. Don't forget to check the Forum Rules before posting.
Kongming’s Archives: Romance of the Three Kingdoms
Three Kingdoms Officer Biographies
Three Kingdoms Officer Encyclopedia
Scholars of Shen Zhou Search Tool

Unread postby Ts'aoist » Tue Apr 01, 2008 3:50 pm

guan yan wrote:what is so good about Cao zhang?

The Man's glorious blood runs through his Manly veins.
The ancient adepts of Wei were subtle and flexible, profound and comprehensive.
Their minds were too deep to be fathomed.
Ts'ao Te Ching, Ch. 15
Ts'aoist
Master

Unread postby Guan Yan » Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:14 pm

tsaoists i have noticed in a few threads you use the term man, are you reffering to the person in charge?
Guan Yan
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Mikhail » Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:18 pm

guan yan wrote:tsaoists i have noticed in a few threads you use the term man, are you reffering to the person in charge?

He's referring to Cao Cao.
Soweneul Malhaebwa (Tell me your wish).
Mikhail
Great Sage Equaling Heaven

Unread postby Cao Shang » Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:23 pm

guan yan wrote:tsaoists i have noticed in a few threads you use the term man, are you reffering to the person in charge?

Blasphemy...

A very beloved friend of mine had a great way to deal with people like you!
But for the sake of any minors around, I only say: The Bronze Cylinder is waiting!... :roll:
Cao Shang
Langzhong

Unread postby Guan Yan » Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:39 pm

what are you talking about blassfemy :shock:
Guan Yan
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Cao Shang » Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:41 pm

Slandering The Man is a serious crime and without any doubt a deadly sin.

You are lucky you don't know what The Bronze Cylinder was used for. :P

But lets not forget to talk about Cao Zhang, after all he deserves to be talked about. ;)
Cao Shang
Langzhong

Unread postby Sima Hui » Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:48 pm

Guys, although The Man was a Great and Holy Man without Compare, let's remember that this is a topic on the Son of the Man, Cao Zhang and let's stick to talking about him, rather than the heretical presence of the unitiated. :wink:

Novelwise, Cao Zhang was a bad-ass. He was undoubtedly brave to wrestle with tigers and kill wild animals with his bare hands. He was also a competent general, as he subdued rebellious tribes in the north and pacified the whole region. Zhang also achieved merit when he came to the rescue of his father at Hanzhong and killed Wu Lan. It was pretty stupid of him to lead an army of 100,000 to his father's funeral, but he probably saved his life by turning over the army to his brother. Otherwise, the whole episode was a little short-sighted on his part.

I can't speak for the historical Cao Zhang, unfortunately. I must keep up my reading on the historical deeds of characters. :?
This topic is an affront to both The Man and The Son of the Man.

-Ts'aoist

Ssuma I sucks.
He was okay when he was an obedient slave of The Man.

-Ts'aoist

Join the Cult and receive the True and Holy Word of The Man.
Sima Hui
Cult of Ts'aoist

Unread postby Guan Yan » Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:25 am

i thought he was reffering to the man as in the man in charge it is a saying how dare you call it blassphemy you misunderstood. :evil:
Guan Yan
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Cao Shang » Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:09 pm

No worries, Sima Hui! ;)

guan yan wrote:i thought he was reffering to the man as in the man in charge it is a saying how dare you call it blassphemy you misunderstood. :evil:

Hmm, I don't understand what you want to say?

To come back to Cao Zhang, when Cao Cao asked him what he wanted to be, he answered without hesitation: A General!

And that he was and a pretty good one, while he was at it. Cao Pi though seemed to have feared him and he couldn't really shine that much later on because of it.

If he really wanted to overthrow Cao Pi, he either thought that Pi was not fit, or just wasn't that smart. ;)
Cao Shang
Langzhong

Unread postby Guan Yan » Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:29 am

a question earlier on was could cao zhang kill a tigar with his bare hands and is it possible the answer to it is possible is yes people skilled in wushu can do these things lots of other warriors could probably do it to being so skilled (eg guan yu, zhang fei, lu bu and other) There was a man named ku yu cheong he was skilled in a tecnique called iron palm and a person brought a siberian horse that was massive and strong and was going to give a prise to anyone who could defeat the horse several people went up there and all got bucked and some died then ku yu cheong went up there (he was also skilled in iron body) and got bucked and did not get hurt or brozed (ku yu cheong had the most powerful strike on record from his brick breaking he broke 13 bricks without gaps on a flat surface) then ku gave him a light tap and the horse died of massive internal bleeding. (he art was called internal martial art)
Yuan shu you dare declare yourself emporor I shall bring the justice of the Han upon your head.
Guan Yan
Scholar of Shen Zhou

PreviousNext

Return to Sanguo Yanyi Symposium