Guan ping and his achievements

Join the Romance of the Three Kingdoms discussion with our resident Scholars. Topics relating to the novel and history are both welcome. Don't forget to check the Forum Rules before posting.
Kongming’s Archives: Romance of the Three Kingdoms
Three Kingdoms Officer Biographies
Three Kingdoms Officer Encyclopedia
Scholars of Shen Zhou Search Tool

Guan ping and his achievements

Unread postby Guan Yan » Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:13 pm

I was wondering if anyone knows of guan pings achievements and if he killed or fought a general. :D
Guan Yan
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Cao Shang » Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:29 pm

His greatest feat was being adopted by Guan Yu and then he was being executed by Wu in 219.

Guan Xing is far better, but sadly dies not long after getting military rank by Zhuge.
He also executed the traitors Mi Fang and Fu Shiren, I think.
Cao Shang
Langzhong

Unread postby Guan Yan » Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:11 am

i am talking historically i should have mentioned that. and he was guan yu's real son.

do you know if he has dueled or killed any generals.
Guan Yan
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby LiuBeiwasGreat » Wed Mar 05, 2008 5:27 am

guan yan wrote:i am talking historically i should have mentioned that. and he was guan yu's real son.

His greatest feat was being Guan Yu's child and being executed by Wu in 219 :lol:
Not much is mentioned about him. All we know is that he was Guan Yu's son. It may be mentioned that he was in the army but i am not even sure about that.
"If you can't drink a lobbyist's whiskey, take his money, sleep with his women and still vote against him in the morning, you don't belong in politics."
LiuBeiwasGreat
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:28 am

Duels are rare, I know of about four. I know of about 10 generals killed historically by other generals in battle. Guan Ping is in neither of those lists

Guan Ping's only note has been mentioned, he was the son of Yu and was executed with his father.
“You, are a rebellious son who abandoned his father. You are a cruel brigand who murdered his lord. How can Heaven and Earth put up with you for long? And unless you die soon, how can you face the sight of men?”
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Location: "Now we must die. May Your Majesty maintain yourself"

Unread postby Cao Shang » Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:49 pm

LiuBeiwasGreat wrote:
guan yan wrote:i am talking historically i should have mentioned that. and he was guan yu's real son.

His greatest feat was being Guan Yu's child and being executed by Wu in 219 :lol:
Not much is mentioned about him. All we know is that he was Guan Yu's son. It may be mentioned that he was in the army but i am not even sure about that.

Magnificent! I never knew he was Guan Yu's real son, hmm well not that I tried to find out... :wink:
Cao Shang
Langzhong

Unread postby LiuBeiwasGreat » Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:04 am

Cao Shang wrote:
LiuBeiwasGreat wrote:

Magnificent! I never knew he was Guan Yu's real son, hmm well not that I tried to find out... :wink:

yep, also Guan Xing was a minister not a general. Guan Suo's existence can't actually be proved historically! Tons of fun stuff in the Guan Family.
Zhang Bao died young! (as in teenager or early 20s) Nothing to do with the conversation but since he is often paired with Guan Xing i thought i would mention him.
"If you can't drink a lobbyist's whiskey, take his money, sleep with his women and still vote against him in the morning, you don't belong in politics."
LiuBeiwasGreat
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Sun Gongli » Thu Mar 06, 2008 7:37 am

Guan Yu's real son. Apparently followed Guan Yu in battle against Cao Ren, but after the attack failed, was captured by Ma Zhong and executed alongside his father.

It's hard to tell what his talents may have been like. He was killed before he had a chance to prove himself. He has no historical achievements that are recorded anywhere.
"There are those who try to shape the world to their own whim,
and then there are those who allow the world to shape them.
It is in the balance that greatness is achieved."
Sun Gongli
Poo Poo Pants

Unread postby LiuBeiwasGreat » Thu Mar 06, 2008 1:50 pm

Yeah there is just nothing out there that even mentions Guan Ping. Either he is just one of those people who got lost in the shuffle of history or was just a guy who liked to accompany his father on his campaigns without actually fighting.
LiuBeiwasGreat
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Cao Shang » Thu Mar 06, 2008 3:12 pm

I take it Guan Xing wasn't favored by Zhuge and never got any military post historical then.
Poor guy... he's still my favorite over Ping though. ;)
Cao Shang
Langzhong

Next

Return to Sanguo Yanyi Symposium