Why doesn't Lu Bu have any sons?

Join the Romance of the Three Kingdoms discussion with our resident Scholars. Topics relating to the novel and history are both welcome. Don't forget to check the Forum Rules before posting.
Kongming’s Archives: Romance of the Three Kingdoms
Three Kingdoms Officer Biographies
Three Kingdoms Officer Encyclopedia
Scholars of Shen Zhou Search Tool

Re: why Lu Bu doesn't have any sons?

Unread postby Jiang Zhi » Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:07 pm

Probably the same reason why some couples keep getting daughters and not sons no matter how hard they try. It's not like the girl gets pregnant every time and if she does, it's a 50-50 chance for a son or a daughter. That's just the nature of life ;)
Jiang Zhi of Foshan, style Maodi
~*!越武帝!*~ - 我愛我的妻子孫尚香!
Nan Hai, Jiaozhou

Laconius Arts and Design My Rot3K fanfiction
Jiang Zhi
Sun Shang Xiang's puppy-eyed slave

Re: why Lu Bu doesn't have any sons?

Unread postby GuoBia » Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:42 am

Same. Plus I don't know his personal life but it's possible that he didn't take his wives with him when he campaigned/fought/fled etc.

It doesn't seem to have been that uncommon that higher-ranking military officials could take their families with them and house them in separate quarters when they were on extended away from home. But that's a personal choice. We don't know what Lu Bu did, or where his wives were. There may not a lot of time for sex if you know what I mean.

And yeah, everyone else already mentioned, dumb luck. I mean look at some of our families- three girls straight in a row.

He obviously had at least one affair out of official marriage, so maybe he just had illegitimate ones?
Guo run! Guo run!!!!
GuoBia
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Previous

Return to Sanguo Yanyi Symposium