Most Hated Person

Join the Romance of the Three Kingdoms discussion with our resident Scholars. Topics relating to the novel and history are both welcome. Don't forget to check the Forum Rules before posting.
Kongming’s Archives: Romance of the Three Kingdoms
Three Kingdoms Officer Biographies
Three Kingdoms Officer Encyclopedia
Scholars of Shen Zhou Search Tool

Most Hated Person

Unread postby Lord Lu Xun » Wed Jan 16, 2008 6:16 am

Who do you hate most out of all the 3k people?

I personally hate Wei Guan, for killing Deng Ai.
Speed is the essence of war- Sun Tzu
Lord Lu Xun
Academic

Unread postby takeshiniro » Sun Jan 20, 2008 4:14 am

there's so many to like, but probably Dong Zhuo comes to mind first. He really was so repulsive, an ass, and so undeserving of Diao Chan and all the other hot girls he probably violated. I was glad when Lu Bu killed him.

Cao Cao is always pretty hateable in his own way tho.
takeshiniro
Tyro

Unread postby Sleeping-Dragon81 » Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:28 pm

I personally hate Meng Da, who ignores the policy of loyalty. First, with Liu Zhang, he defected to Liu Bei, then he defected to Cao Pi, and after that defected back to Liu Shan. He undoubtedly deserved his death at the hands of Sima Yi.
The Dragon is dormant.
Sleeping-Dragon81
Tyro

Unread postby Sun Gongli » Mon Jan 21, 2008 2:37 am

Sun Hao. While Liu Shan was lazy and incapable, Sun Hao was not only that but also cruel and malicious. Wu had the resources and could have had the talent to hold out against Wei/Jin, but with Sun Hao at the helm, any hopes they had went down the tubes.
"There are those who try to shape the world to their own whim,
and then there are those who allow the world to shape them.
It is in the balance that greatness is achieved."
Sun Gongli
Poo Poo Pants

Unread postby Mr Liang » Fri Jan 25, 2008 6:21 am

takeshiniro wrote:there's so many to like, but probably Dong Zhuo comes to mind first. He really was so repulsive, an ass, and so undeserving of Diao Chan and all the other hot girls he probably violated. I was glad when Lu Bu killed him.

Cao Cao is always pretty hateable in his own way tho.

I disagree on both counts. Dong Zhuo, though repulsive, is more or less like any of us who ever attain power. As noble as I think I am, I understand the temptations of power and wealth for one who loves opulence and pleasure. He is basically who I would be if I were in power.

And Cao Cao has good sense of dry wit about him, how can you hate dry wit? Many of his lines are intimidating and comedic.

For most Dislikable character I have to vote for the prefects who cry every three pages.The novel is full of mythical warriors and characters who weep, all the time.
"Writers always have the last word, probably because we have so many of them." -Gore Vidal
Mr Liang
Assistant

Unread postby Shi Tong » Fri Jan 25, 2008 1:09 pm

He is basically who I would be if I were in power.

You're not getting my vote then! :lol:

I have several people I dislike- some I hate.

Probably the worst person for the period was Dong Zhuo.

Some others I really dislike are Mi Fang because he seemed like the most fickle and back stabbing person ever, I also dislike the later leaders of Wu and Shu, namely Sun Hao and Liu Shan because they were just rubbish for their countries.

There are people who I also think are a let down in what they did, but that doesn't mean I hate them!
Shi Tong
Stupid Egg of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Roy » Fri Jan 25, 2008 1:26 pm

I dislike Sun Quan, Sun Ce, and Sun Jian. Why because I dislike Wu!! :lol:
For those of you who play or have played nation states, I am the Infamous Lord Watkins.

Ha Ha Ha Ha,
Roy
Changshi

Unread postby Sun Fin » Fri Jan 25, 2008 5:18 pm

I to hate Sun Quan as he lived off the repuation of his father and brothers reputation nd hard work.
Interested in the history behind the novel? Find a list of english language Three Kingdom sources here.
Sun Fin
Librarian of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Cao Shang » Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:09 am

Sun Jian is the best of the three. Sun Ce is just to reckless and sometime stupid and Sun Quan doesn't do much for to long and then really wrong things. He was lucky though and thats something too! :roll:

If Cao Cao hadn't died to soon or Cao Pi acted like a smart man, Wu would have been destroyed a lot earlier because of Sun Quan.

Sun Hao:
"If a subordinate planned to murder his emperor or was treacherous, I would use the punishments of poking out one's eyes and peeling the facial skin off!"

He knew how to treat traitors!
Cao Shang
Langzhong

Unread postby Bryan » Sat Jan 26, 2008 4:28 pm

But Sun Quan pretty much was Wu, historically. Or am I wrong in thinking that Sun Quan was the one that pretty much made Wu a power, not Sun Jian or Sun Ce?

If you don't say Dong Zhuo, you're wrong. End of story, neh?
"Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn."
Discover Tolkien!
Bryan
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Next

Return to Sanguo Yanyi Symposium