Zhao Yun's wife and his children

Join the Romance of the Three Kingdoms discussion with our resident Scholars. Topics relating to the novel and history are both welcome. Don't forget to check the Forum Rules before posting.
Kongming’s Archives: Romance of the Three Kingdoms
Three Kingdoms Officer Biographies
Three Kingdoms Officer Encyclopedia
Scholars of Shen Zhou Search Tool

Unread postby Elitemsh » Fri Dec 28, 2007 3:44 pm

Paler than Moon wrote:Also I've heard somewhere that Lady Fan was suposed to be very pretty. Is this true?

Yes. It says in Zhao Yun's SGZ bio that she was indeed beautiful. This therefore serves to show Yun's discipline and restraint.
Elitemsh
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby huaxiong » Fri Dec 28, 2007 4:00 pm

Paler than Moon wrote:Hahahaha, I really doubt the autheticity of the needle myth, it's an interesting story though. I mean, if Zhao Yun really died in such a way, someone or something whould have recorded it. And how could a small needle kill someone? I don't think it's possible (except if the needle is 3 feet long).

Hemophilia, although that sounds crazy.
huaxiong
Changshi

Location: In a pile of s***, and I ain't got the shoes for it

Unread postby Paler than Moon » Fri Dec 28, 2007 4:40 pm

Oh yeah, hemophilia, but a needle? Dude a needle makes small scar (I wouldn't call it scar)...I mean, tiny hole...

If he was cut then it'd be possible, but a small needle?

Beside, I never heard this story before, not even mentioned in wikipedia (here goes someone who study from wikipedia lol). It's still sounds weird and impossible...
"If only..."
But thou art wind!
Do not scream:
your fragrance deafens.
Paler than Moon
Master

Unread postby Cao Shang » Sun Dec 30, 2007 8:30 am

If Zhao Yun really had Hemophilia, he could have easily died from a needle sting into his shoulder.

But its unlikely that he had survived for that long.So very likely just a tale.
Cao Shang
Langzhong

Unread postby Paler than Moon » Sun Dec 30, 2007 10:26 am

That's another point, in fact, Idon't even think he didn't have any scar at all. He's a general, and I'm pretty sure in his 60 years or so of living, he must had some wounds from all those battles...

And...shouldn't her wife be familiar with his skin, it was weird for her to suddenly realized her hushband has no scar and then tried to made him bleed...that's too funny...

And I see female somination in that story...somehow...lol
"If only..."
But thou art wind!
Do not scream:
your fragrance deafens.
Paler than Moon
Master

Unread postby huaxiong » Sun Dec 30, 2007 11:25 am

Paler than Moon wrote:Oh yeah, hemophilia, but a needle? Dude a needle makes small scar (I wouldn't call it scar)...I mean, tiny hole...

If he was cut then it'd be possible, but a small needle?

Beside, I never heard this story before, not even mentioned in wikipedia (here goes someone who study from wikipedia lol). It's still sounds weird and impossible...

Yep...if it was a hard prick then it's possible.

It was on wikipedia, but someone removed it for some reason. It's gotta be either a tale or otherwise he's too good. I'll go with the former.

I heard another thing where he recieved a battle scar from someone(can't remember) and then someone giving him a ring to put on that finger to hide the scar.
huaxiong
Changshi

Location: In a pile of s***, and I ain't got the shoes for it

Re: Zhao Yun's wife and his children

Unread postby Striga » Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:52 pm

I would think that in the Battle of Chang Ban, he would have been cut quite a few times.
"Immense power is fun! You should try it sometime." -Syndra (favourite quote XD)
Striga
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Shen Ai » Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:45 pm

Why did Zhao Fan defect?
I've a brave warrior in my army. Shen Ai is his name, and he can slay this Hua Xiong.

Wei has no more famous commanders, Shen Ai takes lead of the vanguard!

Even a commoner on the street knows what Shen Ai is thinking!
Shen Ai
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Striga » Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:45 am

Zhao Fan was a minor warlord and prefect of Guiyang Commandery during the late Han Dynasty period of Chinese history. Zhao Fan surrendered to Zhao Yun after being attacked by his army at Guiyang following the Battle of Red Cliffs. Zhao Fan then unintentionally sparked the rage of Zhao Yun by suggesting his marriage to his older brother's widow. He became a minister of Cao Wei during the Three Kingdoms period.

He joined Shu temporarily because he feared Yun, and then fled to Wei when he angered Yun.
"Immense power is fun! You should try it sometime." -Syndra (favourite quote XD)
Striga
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Elitemsh » Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:05 pm

In history Zhao Fan surrendering had nothing to do with Zhao Yun specifically. Liu Bei possessed a sizeable army and there was no sense in Zhao Fan resisting.
''I've never fought for anyone but myself. I've got no purpose in life. No ultimate goal. It's only when I'm cheating death on the battlefield. The only time I feel truly alive.'' ~Solid Snake
Elitemsh
Scholar of Shen Zhou

PreviousNext

Return to Sanguo Yanyi Symposium