Was Ma chao a good general for shu

Join the Romance of the Three Kingdoms discussion with our resident Scholars. Topics relating to the novel and history are both welcome. Don't forget to check the Forum Rules before posting.
Kongming’s Archives: Romance of the Three Kingdoms
Three Kingdoms Officer Biographies
Three Kingdoms Officer Encyclopedia
Scholars of Shen Zhou Search Tool

Was ma chao a good general for shu

yes
58%
no
42%

Total votes : 38

Unread postby Mikhail » Mon Mar 10, 2008 2:50 pm

Ma Chao was supposedly a fine warrior, so I'll give him an 8. His leadership, I'll give a 7.
Soweneul Malhaebwa (Tell me your wish).
Mikhail
Great Sage Equaling Heaven

Unread postby Yuan Sho » Mon Mar 10, 2008 3:04 pm

In a way, Ma Chao was a good general for Shu despite the fact he did not really get involve in any major wars during his time. Anyway, here is why I say what I mean:

After he daring yet brutal, if you will, war with Cao Cao in the north, he proved on many occassions that he was not only able enough but strong enough to over run the kingdom of Wei at that time.

Had he managed to eliminate Cao Cao and his army from his war and destroy his empire, Ma Chao could have been either a new threat to those of the South Land & of Shu or he could have remade the capital into his image. Depending on how you would view him.

So, overall, Ma Chao was more than just a great addition to being apart of Shu. He proved his might and his wits well against Cao Cao.
"I would rather betray the world than let the world betray me." Cao Cao, ruler of Wei Kingdom.
Yuan Sho
Initiate

Unread postby Guan Yan » Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:39 am

i would put ma chao as 8 or 9 as a warrior and 6 for commanding skill.
Guan Yan
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Previous

Return to Sanguo Yanyi Symposium