Had Sima Yi stormed into the Empty Fort...

Join the Romance of the Three Kingdoms discussion with our resident Scholars. Topics relating to the novel and history are both welcome. Don't forget to check the Forum Rules before posting.
Kongming’s Archives: Romance of the Three Kingdoms
Three Kingdoms Officer Biographies
Three Kingdoms Officer Encyclopedia
Scholars of Shen Zhou Search Tool

Unread postby Zhilong » Tue Nov 27, 2007 4:22 am

I don't agree with the conspiracy theory. Even if Sima Yi overcame ZL, there is still Wu and plenty other military opportunities which would probably be enough to see him to his grave. Sima Yi is one of many in Wei. To retain his position and influence he has to show results.

Unless he could see into the future and know that Cao Rui's successor would be crap and could foretell the decline of Wei then i think it would be more prudent for Sima Yi to succeed in vanquishing Shu so that he can leave a legacy and ensure his desecendants prosperity. Otherwise, after his death his sons would not be hold significant positions of power nor be that wealthy.
"You weaver of mats! You plaiter of straw shoes! You have been smart enough to get possession of a large region and elbow your way into the ranks of the nobles. I was just going to attack you, and now you dare to scheme against me! How I detest you!"
Zhilong
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Location: Shang Fong Valley with petrol bombs waiting for yours truly.

Previous

Return to Sanguo Yanyi Symposium