Had Sima Yi stormed into the Empty Fort...

Join the Romance of the Three Kingdoms discussion with our resident Scholars. Topics relating to the novel and history are both welcome. Don't forget to check the Forum Rules before posting.
Kongming’s Archives: Romance of the Three Kingdoms
Three Kingdoms Officer Biographies
Three Kingdoms Officer Encyclopedia
Scholars of Shen Zhou Search Tool

Unread postby Lonely_dragon » Mon Nov 12, 2007 8:38 am

Okay here is what I thought of the situations.... If Sima had raided the city...

Zhuge thought: "Oh my... Sima Yi is coming... My forces were few and most of them were abroad... What to do... What to do...."

"I know I'll open the gate tell my few mens to pretend brooming, and have my civil officers listen to me as I play the koto..."

Zhuge went up the city gate and started playing the koto calmly with his civil officers listening...

Sima Yi approached the city... and saw the gate were open with few civilians brooming as if nothing hapenned...

Sima Yi thought "Dam that Zhuge Liang... he have to had ambush inside the city If I went he will got me and laughed hard... I will retreat so that he won't laugh at me..."

Sima Yi ordered his troops to retreat.... "Father wait... I think there is no ambush... let's raid the city..."

Sima Yi thought, "he is very sure... okay I will follow suit..."

Sima Yi organized two body troops... one he lead personally to first enter the city... the second led by his son to support...

"What? he didn't fall into my trap? Damn you Sima Yi... I have to resort to my last resort..." Zhuge stood up lifting his Koto up high with his hand....

Sima Yi approached the gate... he did not notice that Zhuge was holding a koto...

Wussshhhh.... (insert the sound of something throw at amazing speed...)

Sima Yi noticed a faint shadow and....

BONK!!!! the koto hit Sima in the head that he fall unconsciouss (probably a head fracture...)

"Come You Wei soldiers.... I still had plenty of KOTO left at my disposal... IF you still love your head you'd be wise to retreat..." Zhuge shouted holding another koto... his civil officers follow suit...

The other Wei troops was very frightened thinking, "Look at what he did with that Koto... I still love my head... we should retreat..."

At this the Wei army fled like chicken taking the injured Sima Yi back...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Lonely_dragon
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby xiaoxiannu » Mon Nov 12, 2007 6:47 pm

Hahaha....
So nice to see how the great Sima Yi failed due to KOTO's attack :P
very fun story, I waited for another version, of course the idea must bring Sima Yi to his mistakes. :D
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Another follower of Sleeping Dragon
xiaoxiannu
Langzhong

Unread postby Lonely_dragon » Tue Nov 13, 2007 4:20 am

xiaoxiannu Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 11:47 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hahaha....
So nice to see how the great Sima Yi failed due to KOTO's attack
very fun story, I waited for another version, of course the idea must bring Sima Yi to his mistakes.

Should I make another? :lol: :lol: :lol:

It just went to my head... I find it hilarous... even myself laughed hard while writing... :D
Lonely_dragon
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Jiang Zhi » Tue Nov 13, 2007 9:02 am

If that happened ;) then 1800 years later, Koei's Rot3K games wouldn't have given Zhuge Liang 100 Int...unless they find some wierd excuse to do so ;)
Jiang Zhi of Foshan, style Maodi
~*!越武帝!*~ - 我愛我的妻子孫尚香!
Nan Hai, Jiaozhou

Laconius Arts and Design My Rot3K fanfiction
Jiang Zhi
Sun Shang Xiang's puppy-eyed slave

Unread postby Lonely_dragon » Wed Nov 14, 2007 12:43 am

Jiang Zhi Posted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 2:02 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If that happened then 1800 years later, Koei's Rot3K games wouldn't have given Zhuge Liang 100 Int...unless they find some wierd excuse to do so

Hmm... If that hapenned and Koei given Zhuge Liang 100 int for that I think that makes sense because in one or the other way... Zhuge manage to outwits Sima Yi and forced his troops to retreat just by one Koto...
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Lonely_dragon
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby dada » Mon Nov 26, 2007 1:44 pm

ZGL actually knows sima yi will not enter the fort for sure, because he knows that Simi Yi will not want to kill him. As opposed to ZGL loyalty, Sima yi is actaully ambitious and want to rule the country himself. By killing ZGL will only lead to the faster downfall of Shu, allowing the cao family to rule the land. Once that happen, Simi Yi will properly have his military authority stripe off by Cao pi. Simi Yi was given the military power because of ZGL existence , thus he wont not want to go for the kill. Come to think of it, he was so near in capturing his long time nemesis, sacrificing some troops for an opportunity to capture ZGL will definitely be a bargain. Hence, it must be this 'power balance' he sought for, in not going for the kill. I think that was the politic at the time, and ZGL knows this very well, he knows his presence is what make Simi Yi useful to Wei, and he make use of this politic to set up the empty fort strategy(give Simi Yi a reason not to go in)

These are just my 2 cents of the matters.
Last edited by dada on Mon Nov 26, 2007 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dada
Tyro

Unread postby xiaoxiannu » Mon Nov 26, 2007 1:57 pm

Wow...I never think for that reason so far...
Sima Yi didn't want to kill ZGL and ZGL know this. Its make a win win solution both of them..
Nice opinion dada.. :P
Another follower of Sleeping Dragon
xiaoxiannu
Langzhong

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Mon Nov 26, 2007 3:02 pm

Yet Sima Yi would get the credit for killing Zhuge Liang and as shown, did continue to serve in high position till his death, long after Kongming himself had departed. Very intresting theory though
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Location: "Now we must die. May Your Majesty maintain yourself"

Unread postby dada » Mon Nov 26, 2007 3:55 pm

yar, he is still in command of the military power after ZGL death, because ZGL have found his disciple in Jiang Wei, and Shu did not torn apart, xia hou ba defect and so on so Wei still need the Sima people to battle for them.

Out of topic though, this is another politics i discover in ZGL tactics

ZGL send Guan Yu after cao cao after the battle of Chi bi, because he dont want to kill cao cao. If he kills cao cao at that time, the whole wei will be furious and attack liu bei who is still very weak at that time. So he use guan yu to let cao cao escape and at the same time, clear guan yu debt for him.

Just my 2 cents though, or maybe i think too much hehe..
dada
Tyro

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Mon Nov 26, 2007 7:42 pm

His sons would face Jiang Wei and the Wei rulers would have no way of predicting that, nor at the time would they fear Jiang Wei that much, they had plenty of able generals able to hold their own against Jiang.
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Location: "Now we must die. May Your Majesty maintain yourself"

PreviousNext

Return to Sanguo Yanyi Symposium