Had Sima Yi stormed into the Empty Fort...

Join the Romance of the Three Kingdoms discussion with our resident Scholars. Topics relating to the novel and history are both welcome. Don't forget to check the Forum Rules before posting.
Kongming’s Archives: Romance of the Three Kingdoms
Three Kingdoms Officer Biographies
Three Kingdoms Officer Encyclopedia
Scholars of Shen Zhou Search Tool

Unread postby Lu Kang » Sun Oct 07, 2007 3:25 pm

Sun Gongli wrote:It did happen, except that it was actually performed by Wen Pin against Sun Quan, not by Zhuge Liang against Sima Yi.

While Wei Lue does state that this event occurs, it contradicts SGZ and therefore probably didn't happen.
无口为天,有口为吴,君临万邦,天子之都
Historical Post
Lu Kang
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Six_and_Up » Mon Oct 08, 2007 4:47 am

If Sima Yi storms the fort, kongming dies or at least is captured. No way i see him running away when theres about 100000 plus Wei soldiers who want his head
Currently playing: Dragon Quest VIII
Six_and_Up
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Lonely_dragon » Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:51 am

Well If Sima Yi had proceed to storm the empty castle things could get nasty for Zhuge Liang... For If I hadn't misread he had sent away most of his troops and he was left at that city with only a hundred or so soldiers and the civil officers...

Other versions: If Sima Yi did storm the castle Zhuge will throw his musical instrument and it might hit Sima in the head that he will be forced to retreat... :lol:
Lonely_dragon
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby lanceyap » Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:57 am

Lonely_dragon wrote:Well If Sima Yi had proceed to storm the empty castle things could get nasty for Zhuge Liang... For If I hadn't misread he had sent away most of his troops and he was left at that city with only a hundred or so soldiers and the civil officers...

Other versions: If Sima Yi did storm the castle Zhuge will throw his musical instrument and it might hit Sima in the head that he will be forced to retreat... :lol:

Haha :lol:
Good point. Thanks for the replies folks :wink:
lanceyap
Tyro

Unread postby Little_Phoenix » Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:41 am

hmmm maybe he will :D ....force someone to wear his cloth and waving his fan...and then....escape,hehehe
Little_Phoenix
Changshi

Unread postby Zhilong » Fri Oct 12, 2007 4:59 am

Even if ZL died there, Shu would not necessarily be finished. Wei attacks on Shu made little progress when ZL was present and even when he was dead until Fei Yi was dead.

ZL had already memorialised Liu Shan to appoint Jiang Wan as his successor should anything go wrong. There may well be a power struggle with his death and also there may be a problem with the retreat.
"You weaver of mats! You plaiter of straw shoes! You have been smart enough to get possession of a large region and elbow your way into the ranks of the nobles. I was just going to attack you, and now you dare to scheme against me! How I detest you!"
Zhilong
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Location: Shang Fong Valley with petrol bombs waiting for yours truly.

Unread postby Shi Tong » Fri Oct 12, 2007 12:50 pm

I also thought that the empty ruse was actually Zhao Yun's, somewhere else against someone else! :wink:

err- if it had been the novel version of Zhuge Liang who was trapped in the city, he would have called up ghost soldiers from the heavens to protect him while he used his levitation arts to get away.

That is.. after all.. what the novel is like :lol:

If he was a realistic character and this had actually happened, then he'd most probably be captured.. and that would have lead to a pretty weak Shu, had he not be ransomed.
Shi Tong
Stupid Egg of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Lord Chuff » Sat Oct 13, 2007 7:24 pm

Shi Tong wrote:err- if it had been the novel version of Zhuge Liang who was trapped in the city, he would have called up ghost soldiers from the heavens to protect him while he used his levitation arts to get away.

:lol: That is very true, he would have used his "for-shortening the land" technique to aid his escape.

If he was a realistic character and this had actually happened, then he'd most probably be captured.. and that would have lead to a pretty weak Shu, had he not be ransomed.

I don't believe they would ever have ransomed him. He had caused way too much trouble and no matter how much they got for him, he would have caused much more damage to them in the future.
Good Lord, it's a cheeseburger!
Lord Chuff
Langzhong

Unread postby the glorious sun jian » Sat Oct 13, 2007 8:14 pm

Sun Gongli wrote:It did happen, except that it was actually performed by Wen Pin against Sun Quan, not by Zhuge Liang against Sima Yi.

I think you meant the empty city because you have said that zhuge uesed it against Sima .... anyway can you tell me the story Sun Gongli??
لا اله الا الله محمد عبده ورسوله
the glorious sun jian
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Shadowlink » Sat Oct 13, 2007 8:15 pm

Simple Zhuge Liang dies, Shu falls, Wu falls. It's a domino effect.
Shadowlink
Langzhong

PreviousNext

Return to Sanguo Yanyi Symposium