Zuo Ci

Join the Romance of the Three Kingdoms discussion with our resident Scholars. Topics relating to the novel and history are both welcome. Don't forget to check the Forum Rules before posting.
Kongming’s Archives: Romance of the Three Kingdoms
Three Kingdoms Officer Biographies
Three Kingdoms Officer Encyclopedia
Scholars of Shen Zhou Search Tool

Zuo Ci

Unread postby ZenZach » Fri Sep 07, 2007 1:51 am

I think the man is simply amazing. Personally, he's a better character then Lu Bu. Lu Bu's 4th weapon is better though. (Sky Scorcher is literally unfair, but then again all the 4th weapons are...)

I encourage some of you to read about Zuo Ci. He was amazing with what he did to Cao Cao and stuff. It said that Cao Cao got aggrivated with Zuo Ci so he had him captured and to be starved for 7 days. Zuo Ci managed with no food for 7 days and was still in a pleasnt and healthy state. It also said he could fly and could wield sorcery. Wikipedia him, it's the best way to learn about him.
\"Do not turn your back on the various ways of this world.\"

-Miyamoto Musashi
ZenZach
Academic

Unread postby Jebusrocks » Fri Sep 07, 2007 3:41 am

yeah.. sry wrong place to post :(
It is curious that the Americans, who calculate so carefully on the possibilities of military victory, do not realize that in the process they are incurring deep psychological and political defeat.
Jebusrocks
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby ZenZach » Fri Sep 07, 2007 3:22 pm

Well isn't this about history?

-Miyamoto Musashi
ZenZach
Academic

Unread postby James » Fri Sep 07, 2007 5:34 pm

Moved to the <i>Sanguo Yanyi Symposium</i>.

This is the history forum, you are correct. But we have dedicated forums for novel/history discussion and for game discussion as well. :)
Kongming’s Archives – Romance of the Three Kingdoms Novel, History and Games
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Fri Sep 07, 2007 9:11 pm

Zuo Ci is pretty interesting in the novel, admittedly one chapter which wiki seems to base it on rather then the history, but is it more impressive then the novel Yu Ji? Or those other troublesome mystics? I'm not so sure it is
“You, are a rebellious son who abandoned his father. You are a cruel brigand who murdered his lord. How can Heaven and Earth put up with you for long? And unless you die soon, how can you face the sight of men?”
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Location: "Now we must die. May Your Majesty maintain yourself"

Unread postby Sun Gongli » Fri Sep 07, 2007 9:26 pm

Zuo Ci is interesting to me (don't get me wrong, I don't like him in Dynasty Warriors or anything like that) because, unlike Yu Ji, he was as close as you get to an actual mystic that reality will allow. Yu Ji (assuming that the few records that state he ever met Sun Ce were correct, which is a dangerous assumption) was just some superstitious pretender (imagine Zhang Lu without the talent), whereas even the historical records make mention of Zuo Ci's abilities.
"There are those who try to shape the world to their own whim,
and then there are those who allow the world to shape them.
It is in the balance that greatness is achieved."
Sun Gongli
Poo Poo Pants

Unread postby Rakoru Hiryuu » Sun Sep 09, 2007 1:58 am

Sun Gongli wrote:whereas even the historical records make mention of Zuo Ci's abilities.

Zuo Ci's abilities? You mean that the historical records say that he was an mystic that can fly and live with no food, or was a tactician or politician?
Rakoru Hiryuu
Academic

Unread postby ZenZach » Sun Sep 09, 2007 6:27 am

It said he was both. I personally think he is better then even Lu Bu on the game. I mean yeah Lu Bu would reach 1,000 kills before Zuo Ci, but Zuo Ci's musou attack can totally rock someones world.

-Miyamoto Musashi
ZenZach
Academic

Unread postby Tarrot » Sun Sep 09, 2007 7:09 am

There is a ton on the historical records of mystics. All of his events in the novel have some historical basis to him.
Tarrot
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Tan_Binrui » Mon Sep 10, 2007 3:03 am

Tarrot wrote:There is a ton on the historical records of mystics. All of his events in the novel have some historical basis to him.

Not to be rude, but I will be blunt in saying this statement is completely incorrect. There is very little historical record on mystics from any time period. This is one of the reasons people still don't know if Lao Tzu really wrote the Tao te Ching, or what Hua Tuo's medical greatness really meant. It's all very relative to fiction and fantasy, and that is why the mystics are such, pardon the relevance, mystical people.
"Because he has died, there is no more room for death in him." -- Lao Tzu
Tan_Binrui
Langzhong

Next

Return to Sanguo Yanyi Symposium