Zhen Ji Relationship/Baby Cao Rui

Join the Romance of the Three Kingdoms discussion with our resident Scholars. Topics relating to the novel and history are both welcome. Don't forget to check the Forum Rules before posting.
Kongming’s Archives: Romance of the Three Kingdoms
Three Kingdoms Officer Biographies
Three Kingdoms Officer Encyclopedia
Scholars of Shen Zhou Search Tool

Who was the Father?

Cao Pi
76%
Yuan Xi
14%
Cao Zhi
10%

Total votes : 59

Zhen Ji Relationship/Baby Cao Rui

Unread postby Shadowlink » Fri Apr 06, 2007 12:16 am

Who was Cao rui father? Yuan Xi or Cao Pi?
Edit: For fun Ill put Cao Zhi from "Where the legend begins"
Cao Rui was deliever in 8 months and in those times Cao pi didnt touch her and marry her 2 years later I think. I think Yuan Xi is the father. What do you think? Can anyone help?
Shadowlink
Langzhong

Unread postby Tan_Binrui » Fri Apr 06, 2007 7:17 am

It was Cao Pi.

Cao Rui was born after Zhen Ji was taken by Cao Pi, I believe 2 years afterward. Yuan Xi was in the north, and Cao Pi had an extreme lust issue with her. The only way you could justify calling Yuan Xi the father is that Yuan Xi died a year after Cao Rui was born... the problem is that he and Zhen Ji didn't have any contact whatsoever.
"Because he has died, there is no more room for death in him." -- Lao Tzu
Tan_Binrui
Langzhong

Unread postby Starshine » Fri Apr 06, 2007 9:34 am

I'm pretty sure its Cao Pi, since whenever Yuan Xi went on campaigns Zhen Ji stay back in Ye with Yuan Xi's mother, so even before Ye was invaded their contact would have been scarce.
Starshine
Initiate

Cao Zhi: Player, Pimp and the real father of Cao Rui

Unread postby Xian Xu » Fri Apr 06, 2007 3:10 pm

According to folktale, not only did Zhi and Pi claim Zhen Ji, but so did Cao Cao! :lol:

This might be a good candidate for the Maury Povich Show.

TODAY ON THE MAURY POVICH SHOW!
ImageImageImageImageImage

Cao Pi, Cao Zhi and Yuan Xi are sitting on the stage with Cao Cao secretly back stage watching the outcome.

:arrow: Yuan Xi, "I am dead. Why does this matter."
:arrow: Cao Zhi poetically says that the baby doesn't look like him by pointing out the differences in the baby's features compared to his own, despite the fact that Cao Pi is his brother and carries the same bloodline.
:arrow: Cao Pi, "Please be mine, this is embarrassing."
:arrow: Backstage Cao Cao is crossing his fingers, hoping his sons do not have to find out his secret.
:arrow: Screen cuts to Zhen Ji cofessing her secrets.

Maury, "And the father is..."

-COMMERCIAL BREAK-

Hmmm. That may have been overkill. Anyway, I cast my vote for Cao Zhi, because he was seducing her with his poems! That's just how the smoothe cool brother does things. 8-) :lol:
Xiǎn Xù (冼旭)
Xian Xu
Scholar

Unread postby Gabriel » Fri Apr 06, 2007 3:23 pm

Ha, that'd be great :lol:. Maury'd be like, "Yuan Xi, you are NOT the father" and Yuan Xi'd be like "What? What? I told yaw" and then he'd start dancin and Zhen Ji would run to the back cryin.

It's Cao Pi. End of teh discussion.
You don't need to go to church to be saved, and you don't need to go to rehab to get off drugs. You just need to make the right decisions.
Gabriel
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Roy » Fri Apr 06, 2007 3:39 pm

I could just imagine Cao Cao's embarrassment as he sat behind stage hopping that his grandson wasn't his son. Also I'd think he'd be worried about Liu Bei, Guan Yu, and Zhang Fei watching. I know those three, along with the rest of Shu and Wu, would be laughing :lol: . In reality Cao Pi was the father.
For those of you who play or have played nation states, I am the Infamous Lord Watkins.

Ha Ha Ha Ha,
Roy
Changshi

Unread postby Mei » Fri Apr 06, 2007 4:40 pm

I would like to think it was Cao Pi's but only after seeing the Maury Povich Show! I would hate to see Cao Pi disconcerted though!
Mei
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Shadowlink » Sat Apr 07, 2007 9:01 pm

I'm telling you it's yuan xi. Cao pi didnt touch her for 2 years. I mean marry her until Yuan Xi was dead. He couldnt have raped Zhen ji.... would he? O.o :cry:
Shadowlink
Langzhong

Unread postby Tan_Binrui » Sun Apr 08, 2007 1:39 am

Shadowlink wrote:I'm telling you it's yuan xi. Cao pi didnt touch her for 2 years. I mean marry her until Yuan Xi was dead. He couldnt have raped Zhen ji.... would he? O.o :cry:

Why couldn't he marry her for 2 years? They aren't hardcore Christians (who, still, when facing a conquered country's woman wouldn't care whom she was married to), and that has no bearing in their culture.

Cao Pi was involved in the subjugation of Ye, and he found Zhen Ji in that subjugation. To the victor goes the spoils.
"Because he has died, there is no more room for death in him." -- Lao Tzu
Tan_Binrui
Langzhong

Re: Cao Zhi: Player, Pimp and the real father of Cao Rui

Unread postby Baiko Arashi » Sun Apr 08, 2007 1:42 am

Xian Xu wrote:According to folktale, not only did Zhi and Pi claim Zhen Ji, but so did Cao Cao! :lol:

This might be a good candidate for the Maury Povich Show.

TODAY ON THE MAURY POVICH SHOW!
ImageImageImageImageImage

Cao Pi, Cao Zhi and Yuan Xi are sitting on the stage with Cao Cao secretly back stage watching the outcome.

:arrow: Yuan Xi, "I am dead. Why does this matter."
:arrow: Cao Zhi poetically says that the baby doesn't look like him by pointing out the differences in the baby's features compared to his own, despite the fact that Cao Pi is his brother and carries the same bloodline.
:arrow: Cao Pi, "Please be mine, this is embarrassing."
:arrow: Backstage Cao Cao is crossing his fingers, hoping his sons do not have to find out his secret.
:arrow: Screen cuts to Zhen Ji cofessing her secrets.

Maury, "And the father is..."

-COMMERCIAL BREAK-

Hmmm. That may have been overkill. Anyway, I cast my vote for Cao Zhi, because he was seducing her with his poems! That's just how the smoothe cool brother does things. 8-) :lol:

you are my new best friend!!! oh and i think it was Cao Pi
eh, ill find something witty to put here later.

Nothing do your mortal soul.
Arashi Baiko
Combat: 100
Command: 85
Charisma: 75
Intelligence: 70
Baiko Arashi
Prison Warden of SoSZ

Next

Return to Sanguo Yanyi Symposium