Red Cliff (Film) Discussion Thread

Join the Romance of the Three Kingdoms discussion with our resident Scholars. Topics relating to the novel and history are both welcome. Don't forget to check the Forum Rules before posting.
Kongming’s Archives: Romance of the Three Kingdoms
Three Kingdoms Officer Biographies
Three Kingdoms Officer Encyclopedia
Scholars of Shen Zhou Search Tool

Re: Red Cliff (Film) Discussion Thread

Unread postby Sun Fin » Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:37 pm

Watched part 1 today.

I really enjoyed it.

The fight scene with the formation was a little bit ridiculous I thought and some of the moves felt like they'd been pulled straight out of the DW games! :lol: I loved that Gan (N)Xing was armed with a falchion, is that something that is attached to his legend apart from DW? As a character he always looks so grumpy though! Zhang Fei to be honest just felt like comic relief.

I enjoyed Lady Sun's presentation, I felt like it captured what we think we know of her personality even if it wasn't entirely (/at all) historically accurate! :lol:

I particularly enjoyed the relationship between Zhou Yu's relationships; first with Xiao Qiao and also with Zhuge Liang. ZGL comes across as a lot less of a jerk than in the novel.

Looking forward part 2 tomorrow!
“I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.” ― Nelson Mandela
Sun Fin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Previous

Return to Sanguo Yanyi Symposium