The Wu Warrior Known as Zhou Tai

Join the Romance of the Three Kingdoms discussion with our resident Scholars. Topics relating to the novel and history are both welcome. Don't forget to check the Forum Rules before posting.
Kongming’s Archives: Romance of the Three Kingdoms
Three Kingdoms Officer Biographies
Three Kingdoms Officer Encyclopedia
Scholars of Shen Zhou Search Tool

The Wu Warrior Known as Zhou Tai

Unread postby Zhou Tai » Tue Oct 01, 2002 4:03 pm

Hello loyal three kingdoms peeps, the names Zhou Tai, (Originally the Imperial General, KO may know me for praising his Sierra Avatar :wink: )

Anyway , as many of you may as guessed the person i respect the most and in my own opinion on par with Zhao Yun is Zhou Tai.

Why on par, mainly because both have saved their lords many times, and are accomplished warriors (mainly ZT :wink: )

Im just wondering, how do you any of you feel about Zhou Tai, is he a valuable asset to Wu? your feelings of him saving Sun Quan from bandits,do you reckon hes on par with Zhao, despite the book prasing shu for almost anything :x ) also He Fei as with Xu Sheng. Anything?

Well Chat to you all soon.
What? Am I suppose to impress you with a phrase. ><
Zhou Tai
Scholar

Unread postby Mitsunari Ishida » Tue Oct 01, 2002 4:32 pm

I agree, Zhou Tai was a loyal warrior to Wu, and because I think Wu is the best, and am firmly against Shu, I agree that Zhou Tai is just as good as Zhao Yun, Zhao Tai was in many more big battles. Maybe Cao Hong should be included in with those two seeing as if it were not for him Cao Cao would have most likey been killed.
Mitsunari Ishida
Scholar

Unread postby Zhou Gongjin » Tue Oct 01, 2002 7:20 pm

Zhou Tai had permanent physical scars from using his body to block arrows that were shot at the young Sun Quan. He had more contributions than Shu's Zhou tai: Zhao Yun.
I would say Zhou Tai is pretty much underrated by LGZ and KOEI.
He was humble and respectful towards others. Truly someone we can admire. Selfless acts like putting your life on the line for someone else without hesitation are rare in this day and age.
Perhaps we can ask ourselves: Would we do the same in Zhou Tai's postition? Would be put our life on the line for someone whom we believe in?
He who exercises government by means of his virtue may be compared to the north polar star, which keeps its place and all the stars turn towards it.
-孔夫子
Zhou Gongjin
鋼のチビ

Unread postby Hotsuma Moritsune » Tue Oct 01, 2002 7:52 pm

Whoa he's as cool as Dian Wei, loyal and sacrificial.
Hotsuma Moritsune
Changshi

Unread postby Wei Yan » Tue Oct 01, 2002 9:27 pm

Zhou Tai was very loyal and my first pick to be the first new Wu warrior they put in DW4.

Anyways, Zhou Tai was one loyal person who would sacrifice his life for Wu. He saved Sun Quan a lot and put everyone else above him. He is indeed underrated. Zhou Tai did a lot more for Wu than Zhao Zilong did for Shu.
"To obtain peace we must go to war. If only the world was a lot easier"
Wei Yan
Langzhong

Unread postby Dennis » Wed Oct 02, 2002 2:04 am

Not mentioning that Zhou Tai saved someone who wasn't incompetant, all Zilong did was save Ah Dou.

In other words, although they are both great bodyguards, one brought on the death of his kingdom, while the other safeguarded it.
Dennis
Mutha Canucka

Unread postby James » Wed Oct 02, 2002 2:13 am

The more I learn about Zhou Tai in history the more I like him. He worked hard to protect Sun Quan (as Zhou Gongjing mentioned above) and he served Wu to the very best of his ability. I think he was a marvelous model officer.

Lady Wu just sent me his San Guo Zhi biography, I have uploaded it here if you want to take a look. :)
Last edited by James on Thu Nov 30, 2006 4:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kongming’s Archives – Romance of the Three Kingdoms Novel, History and Games
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby Zhou Tai » Wed Oct 02, 2002 9:58 pm

:o Wow, a good response, im glad to meet some loyal wuists, (The True Victor of the 3 Kingdoms - lasting longest :) )

Did Zhou Tai ever name his weapon? and did anyone specific in the 3 kingdoms ever have any grudges against him, ally or foe?

Good greetings again all
What? Am I suppose to impress you with a phrase. ><
Zhou Tai
Scholar

Unread postby Great_Demon » Wed Oct 02, 2002 10:14 pm

I'm a Wuist! :D
I like Zhou Tai and he better be in DW4,because i wan't to play him badly.

Oh, and i read Lady Wu's San Guo Zhi biography,and i realize that Zhou Tai is a Brill warrior and should of been in DW3.
了不起的邪魔

Every warrior has a name...
...and they all answer to you

"I HAVE BECOME DEATH,
DESTROYER OF WORLDS".-Xzar

"WE'RE ALL DOOMED!".-Xan
Great_Demon
Langzhong

Unread postby James » Wed Oct 02, 2002 10:43 pm

Zhou Tai wrote::o Wow, a good response, im glad to meet some loyal wuists, (The True Victor of the 3 Kingdoms - lasting longest :)

Heheh. You don’t have to be a “Wuist” to like Zhou Tai. He was just an all around wonderful fellow. It is hard for me to think of anything bad about the guy.
Kongming’s Archives – Romance of the Three Kingdoms Novel, History and Games
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Next

Return to Sanguo Yanyi Symposium