Prime Minister Zhuge Liang, Sima Yi or Lu Xun?

Join the Romance of the Three Kingdoms discussion with our resident Scholars. Topics relating to the novel and history are both welcome. Don't forget to check the Forum Rules before posting.
Kongming’s Archives: Romance of the Three Kingdoms
Three Kingdoms Officer Biographies
Three Kingdoms Officer Encyclopedia
Scholars of Shen Zhou Search Tool

Who will you choose for Prime Minister?

Zhuge Liang
60%
Sima Yi
12%
Lu Xun
28%

Total votes : 68

Prime Minister Zhuge Liang, Sima Yi or Lu Xun?

Unread postby Starscream » Thu Feb 01, 2007 3:05 pm

If you are the emperor, who would you select to be Prime Minister of your country? Basically, the prime minister will be a key personnel in the imperial court that perhaps is only second to the emperor. He is an influential figure that can control the military, give advice to education of princes and so on.

Based on the ability, leadership, personality, loyalty and ambition or other factors, who would you choose to be your prime minister?

The names "Zhou Yu", "Lu Kang", "Jia Xu", "Pang Tong", "Bu Zhi", etc.... all other names except for "Lu Xun", "Zhuge Liang" and "Sima Yi" will not be considered... hehehee... I'm just joking. Try choosing one out of the three first, then suggest the other choice that you're dying to mention.

Have fun. :D
”太慢了。“
Starscream
Decepticon Air Commander

Unread postby Shadowlink » Thu Feb 01, 2007 3:26 pm

Zhuge liang or lu xun.... lu xun cares more about the people than attacking the north like zhuge liang does... I mean zhuge liang is talented but I rather have a person who can win the support of the people for me and outlast my kingdom. I want to mention prime minister bu zhi since he recommends alot of talented people for the emperor to trust... even more than zhuge liang.....
Shadowlink
Langzhong

Unread postby Lexus Fiend » Thu Feb 01, 2007 3:39 pm

Lu Xun for me, no contest here.
-Devin aka LuckyD
*Neighborhood Superstar*
"Street smarts on the level of a Harvard degree."
Lexus Fiend
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Roy » Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:29 pm

I would choose Zhuge Liang because he is an unparallel genius. You can't trust Sima Yi and Lu Xun just isn't up to the challange.
For those of you who play or have played nation states, I am the Infamous Lord Watkins.

Ha Ha Ha Ha,
Roy
Changshi

Unread postby Zhilong » Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:03 pm

I'd have them in office in the order of ZL, LX & then SY purely due to their lifespans to get max coverage. :lol:
Last edited by Zhilong on Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"You weaver of mats! You plaiter of straw shoes! You have been smart enough to get possession of a large region and elbow your way into the ranks of the nobles. I was just going to attack you, and now you dare to scheme against me! How I detest you!"
Zhilong
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Location: Shang Fong Valley with petrol bombs waiting for yours truly.

Unread postby Lady Wu » Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:16 pm

Lu Xun, if only because he's got a son who's actually worthy and who isn't going to overthrow me. :lol:
"Whatever you do, don't fall off the bridge! It'll be a pain to try to get back up again." - Private, DW 8
Lady Wu
There's no better state than Wu
There's no better state than Wu

Unread postby Shield » Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:23 pm

I would probably go with ZL to help me run my country. Keep in mind that he would not necessary have to try and conquer another country that is 2 or 3 times stronger than my country. He just have to oversee the goverment operation, offer sound advices, and mentoring my children. With these job duties I don't think you can ask for a better person than ZL. Lu Xun might be close, but I don't think he can top ZL. As for Sima Yi, he might be good but there is nothing to suggest that he can do a better job than ZL or Lu Xun. Plus trusting him might be an issue considering what we know. :lol:
Shield
Assistant

Unread postby Exar Kun » Thu Feb 01, 2007 8:35 pm

Prime Minister is primarily a civil administration job so the choice is obvious. Zhuge Liang by miles.
"Two there should be; no more, no less.
One to embody the power, the other to crave it."
-Creed of the New Sith-
Exar Kun
Dark Lord of the Sith

Unread postby Xiahou Jia » Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:39 pm

Lu Xun. But Cao Cao would be a better Prime Minister than all three combined, imo :)
Retired...
Xiahou Jia
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Shadowlink » Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:58 pm

Xiahou Jia wrote:Lu Xun. But Cao Cao would be a better Prime Minister than all three combined, imo :)
yes yes :D Cao Cao is good at civil affairs too and turn wei into what it is
Shadowlink
Langzhong

Next

Return to Sanguo Yanyi Symposium