Cao pi vs Cao zhi

Join the Romance of the Three Kingdoms discussion with our resident Scholars. Topics relating to the novel and history are both welcome. Don't forget to check the Forum Rules before posting.
Kongming’s Archives: Romance of the Three Kingdoms
Three Kingdoms Officer Biographies
Three Kingdoms Officer Encyclopedia
Scholars of Shen Zhou Search Tool

Cao pi vs Cao zhi

Unread postby lord darwin of sibarani » Tue Nov 14, 2006 3:26 am

In romanisation Cao zhi have more intelegent than cao pi, Cao-cao their father know about this.He asked to jia xu his advisor to pick up about his heir as king of wei but jia xu only silent when hear about cao-cao question about this cao-cao asked him " why you don`t answer my question ! " .Jia xu replied " i`m only thinking about yuan shao and liu biao ". hear about this cao-cao know he must pick up Cao pi become heir.I`m only asked what if cao cao pick up cao zhi becme his heir
lord darwin of sibarani
Initiate

Unread postby Jiang Zhi » Tue Nov 14, 2006 6:20 am

Err...type properly :P

Same thing will go between Liu Biao and Yuan Shao's successors...

Cao Zhi and Cao Pi will war it out...Wu will take advantage (Liu Bei will die leaving someone who's more into his harem than politics in charge) and the Suns will establish the new dynasty!

Of course, it's not that simplistic and many unexpected events can happen, but yeah...Cao Zhi is the younger one while Cao Pi is the legitimate heir. If Cao Pi is picked, Cao Zhi cannot protest, but if the reverse happens, Cao Pi can revolt which leads to civil war within Wei!
Jiang Zhi of Foshan, style Maodi
~*!越武帝!*~ - 我愛我的妻子孫尚香!
Nan Hai, Jiaozhou

Laconius Arts and Design My Rot3K fanfiction
Jiang Zhi
Sun Shang Xiang's puppy-eyed slave

Unread postby Shi Tong » Tue Nov 14, 2006 3:20 pm

Jiang Zhi, I dont think it's fair just to tell Lord Darwin to type properly- English might be his/her second language, and you dont know if he/she may have problems with literacy, so I think that's a bit below the belt.

I dont know if Cao Pi and Cao Zhi would fight it out- it depends on their character.

If Cao Zhi was so arogant and forceful, would he not have tried to userp his brother, even if he was the elder?

I think because he's respectful of Cao Pi it should point towards the fact that he's quite felial, meaning that he might not want to attack Cao Pi because he respects his family and it's members.

Are there any instances where a younger attacks the elder when the elder is still in charge and given kingship legitamately?
Shi Tong
Stupid Egg of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Fated Emperor » Wed Nov 15, 2006 1:23 am

Yeah, i agree with that one guy, Cao Pi is older so he should get the kingdom or will most likely revolt, from what i heard, Cao Zhi the third son was real nice, oh yeah i saw this one tvb show that showed Cao Cao leaving throne to Zhi but Pi took the letter and got the throne
Fated Emperor
Tyro

Unread postby Shadowlink » Wed Nov 15, 2006 1:53 am

shouldnt this go in the vs thread?
Shadowlink
Langzhong

Unread postby Lexus Fiend » Wed Nov 15, 2006 1:54 am

First off, I am with Shi Tong on your first point about pointing out the original poster's problems with the English language, it's a bit unfair. And while it may be a bit hard to read, it's not worth chastizing someone over it. Just chiming in on that, Jiang Zhi, not trying to gang up on you :) I know that you are a good poster.

Now, on to the topic. I may be wrong here, but did Cao Zhi even show much intent or any interest for that matter to become the heir to Cao Cao? I remember reading a fair amount about Cao Zhang wanting to challenge Pi on the succession (or in actuality the adversity between the brothers was brought on by other officers in the court, IIRC), but I was not sure about Cao Zhi. I may very well be wrong here.

Cao Pi seemed to be the born leader type, even though he certainally wasn't the wisest ruler, or the most clever, he did seem like a born leader regardless, and he most certainally wasn't a stupid man. It seemed to me that Cao Zhi showed signs of incredible intelligence even at a very young age, but from what I am aware of, he did not seem like the type to lead a very powerful country on his own, nor did he hold the ambition to do so. Plus, didn't he have two very influential friends in the Wei (or pre-Wei) court, and was very fond of wine?

I actually have more questions on this particlular subject than answers :lol: Very good idea for a thread.
-Devin aka LuckyD
*Neighborhood Superstar*
"Street smarts on the level of a Harvard degree."
Lexus Fiend
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby lord darwin of sibarani » Wed Nov 15, 2006 3:24 am

Sorry,I got drunk when i type the question :oops:
'A poor man is thrifty without be taught; a lowly man is respectful without being taught
lord darwin of sibarani
Initiate

Unread postby Lexus Fiend » Wed Nov 15, 2006 4:27 am

Shadowlink wrote:shouldnt this go in the vs thread?

I don't think so.

Just because a topic contains the word "versus" or the abbreviation for it doesn't necessarily mean it belongs in the "VS Thread". I don't think this is a discussion on who would have won in a fight between these two sons of Cao Cao.
There is much more to the discussion than that ;)
-Devin aka LuckyD
*Neighborhood Superstar*
"Street smarts on the level of a Harvard degree."
Lexus Fiend
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Shi Tong » Wed Nov 15, 2006 12:14 pm

I agree with Lex- we're not asking who would win in an all out scrap, we're asking who would make a better leader.

I agree also with what Lex said about the two types of people- if they're how Lex describes them, then they should have worked together more closely, Zhi being part time adviser (when not drunk), he sounded like a really good man, and he would have been excellent because we would know that they're all working for Cao- no conflict of interest- like the Sima family! There's a lot of back patting going on here! :lol:

Being drunk isn't the best time to post! :lol:
Shi Tong
Stupid Egg of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Shadowlink » Wed Nov 15, 2006 2:13 pm

Cao pi because he got support from his brother cao zhang, Jia Xu, Sima yi and befriends more people
Shadowlink
Langzhong

Next

Return to Sanguo Yanyi Symposium