Liu Bei's sons

Join the Romance of the Three Kingdoms discussion with our resident Scholars. Topics relating to the novel and history are both welcome. Don't forget to check the Forum Rules before posting.
Kongming’s Archives: Romance of the Three Kingdoms
Three Kingdoms Officer Biographies
Three Kingdoms Officer Encyclopedia
Scholars of Shen Zhou Search Tool

Liu Bei's sons

Unread postby agenda » Mon Aug 07, 2006 5:04 am

I read that they were Liu Yong, Liu Shan and Liu Li but who was whose's son? I know Liu Shan is the dead mistress whatever son but what about Liu Yong and Liu Li?

And why weren't they a part of history? Or even enthroned in place of Liu Shan?
agenda
Tyro

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Mon Aug 07, 2006 8:24 am

Liu Shan got the throne becuase he was

A) A Liu of Imperial Blood (which is why Liu Feng and Zhuge Liang could never rule)
B) The oldest son
C) the only one that was an adualt when Liu Bei died
D) he wasn't a idiot that might force an overide of the first three rules
“You, are a rebellious son who abandoned his father. You are a cruel brigand who murdered his lord. How can Heaven and Earth put up with you for long? And unless you die soon, how can you face the sight of men?”
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Location: "Now we must die. May Your Majesty maintain yourself"

Re: Liu Bei's sons

Unread postby Xian Xu » Mon Sep 11, 2006 12:53 pm

agenda wrote:And why weren't they a part of history? Or even enthroned in place of Liu Shan?

I cannot answer all of your questions, but the reason that the other two never had any chance of being enthroned was because they were both very young. I wish I remembered the exact birth years, but I believe they were both about 10 years younger than Shan.
Xian Xu
Scholar

Unread postby Liu Bei228 » Mon Sep 11, 2006 1:16 pm

I recall one of them had a son, who died fast so his lined ended, the other had a large family but, most were killed for some reason. Some had a job in the capital so he dodge the mass killing and returned, some guy later come out saying he was a descendent of Liu Bei but, they discover the other guys kids or something and he was proved wrong. It's all kinda muddled up in my head so excuse a mistake.
Man walks into a Bank with a Gun.

"Give me all your money." He say to the teller.

The teller says "Asking for something that doesn't belong to you, want are you? A Wu diplomat?"
Liu Bei228
Langzhong

Unread postby Zhilong » Mon Sep 11, 2006 1:22 pm

Huang Hao slandered Liu Yong and Liu Shan did not see him for years because of it.
"You weaver of mats! You plaiter of straw shoes! You have been smart enough to get possession of a large region and elbow your way into the ranks of the nobles. I was just going to attack you, and now you dare to scheme against me! How I detest you!"
Zhilong
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Location: Shang Fong Valley with petrol bombs waiting for yours truly.

Unread postby Shi Tong » Mon Sep 11, 2006 1:48 pm

I know this is off topic, but there are still decendants of Liu Bei around right? I actually have a friend who says she's a decendant of Liu Bei.
Shi Tong
Stupid Egg of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Liu Bei228 » Mon Sep 11, 2006 2:11 pm

Shi Tong wrote:I know this is off topic, but there are still decendants of Liu Bei around right? I actually have a friend who says she's a decendant of Liu Bei.

Ask her if she wil have my baby, it's the closes thing to Liu Bei I can get. :lol:

The teller says "Asking for something that doesn't belong to you, want are you? A Wu diplomat?"
Liu Bei228
Langzhong

Unread postby Jedi » Thu Sep 14, 2006 11:15 pm

lol Liu Bei228
“A single rose can be my garden...a single friend, my world.” - Leo F. Buscaglia
Jedi
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Jordan » Thu Sep 14, 2006 11:48 pm

I want to make babies with her too so I can claim that my son or daughter is also a descendent of somebody famous. >:)
Jordan
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Liu Bei228 » Fri Sep 15, 2006 2:52 am

Oh great, a rival for her hand and you have the advantage of knowing her, how unfair. :cry:

Liu Bei228
Langzhong

Next

Return to Sanguo Yanyi Symposium