Brave Stand of Dian Wei

Join the Romance of the Three Kingdoms discussion with our resident Scholars. Topics relating to the novel and history are both welcome. Don't forget to check the Forum Rules before posting.
Kongming’s Archives: Romance of the Three Kingdoms
Three Kingdoms Officer Biographies
Three Kingdoms Officer Encyclopedia
Scholars of Shen Zhou Search Tool

Re: Brave Stand of Dian Wei

Unread postby Lonely_dragon » Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:16 am

Aaron.K wrote:
PhoenixRising wrote:
Guan Yan wrote:Or yellow beard like Cao Zhang

how come he has a yellow beard?? :? wierd...

There have been theories that Sun Quan with his purple beard (should be red/brown) was actually Caucasian, same with Cao Zhang. And while they seem that they would be the most likely reasons, there is no valid proof that they are. There have been other theories (at least in terms of Cao Zhang's yellow beard), that he may have had a disorder which caused the pigmentation on his beard to be lighter. But again, these are theories as nothing has been shown to actually prove them.

This makes me remember when Guan Yu had been killed and he possessed Lu Meng in the novel... Guan Yu said,

"You purple Bearded Rat... Green eyed boy... Don't you know Who I Am? I am lord of Hanshou... Guan Yu..." :twisted:
"Know yourself Know your enemy you can win 100 battles, Know yourself and know not the enemy find win and defeat in equal measures, Know not yourself and know not the enemy defeated in every battle." Sun Tzu
Lonely_dragon
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Guan Yan » Sat Aug 02, 2008 12:27 am

Wasent it Red bearded rat?

And I have noticed a mistake in the Dian Wei biography as well, when against Lu Bu it say he held 10 halbereds but it is actually he picked up his halberd, there is one one.
Yuan shu you dare declare yourself emporor I shall bring the justice of the Han upon your head.
Guan Yan
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby PhoenixRising » Sun Aug 03, 2008 1:33 pm

Guan Yan wrote:Wasent it Red bearded rat?

Nope it was Purple beard, Guan Yan :D
Move as swift as a wind, stay as silent as forest, attack as fierce as fire, undefeatable defense like a mountain-FURINKAZAN-
PhoenixRising
Langzhong

Unread postby Aaron.K » Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:30 pm

Guan Yan wrote:Wasent it Red bearded rat?

And I have noticed a mistake in the Dian Wei biography as well, when against Lu Bu it say he held 10 halbereds but it is actually he picked up his halberd, there is one one.

No he actually picked up 10 halberds and threw them at the horses charging. It's not like dynasty warriors where one weapon can kill 10 men with one swing.
"Don't trust anyone. Never sit with your back to an entrance. Wear shoes with reversed footprints."
Also, check out my forum. A general history board called: The History Room
Aaron.K
Sage

Unread postby Guan Yan » Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:48 am

Where do you get that source of information from? :wink: There is nothing said about throwing them or the number he killed all it says is he picked up his halberd and knock down every one in his way.
Yuan shu you dare declare yourself emporor I shall bring the justice of the Han upon your head.
Guan Yan
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Previous

Return to Sanguo Yanyi Symposium