What if Zhuge Liang served Wei or Wu

Join the Romance of the Three Kingdoms discussion with our resident Scholars. Topics relating to the novel and history are both welcome. Don't forget to check the Forum Rules before posting.
Kongming’s Archives: Romance of the Three Kingdoms
Three Kingdoms Officer Biographies
Three Kingdoms Officer Encyclopedia
Scholars of Shen Zhou Search Tool

What if Zhuge Liang served Wei or Wu

Unread postby Baiko Arashi » Wed Nov 30, 2005 5:02 pm

what does everybody think would happend...personally i dont think there would have been a Shu
eh, ill find something witty to put here later.

Nothing do your mortal soul.
Arashi Baiko
Combat: 100
Command: 85
Charisma: 75
Intelligence: 70
Baiko Arashi
Prison Warden of SoSZ

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Wed Nov 30, 2005 5:27 pm

Liu Bei may have had a problem finding someone around Yi Ling for the civil events. Shu would never have been as strong but would have stood for a decent amount of time

Zhuge Liang might never take the field but his civil genuis would help him gain high rank for either kingdom. Had he been in Wei, he might have been placed as a regent for Cao Rui's son perhaps?
“You, are a rebellious son who abandoned his father. You are a cruel brigand who murdered his lord. How can Heaven and Earth put up with you for long? And unless you die soon, how can you face the sight of men?”
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Location: "Now we must die. May Your Majesty maintain yourself"

Unread postby Zhao Yun '87 » Wed Nov 30, 2005 5:46 pm

I think Shu wouldn't have lasted as long or maybe not have been so great. Liu Bei might not have even escaped or been able to arrange an alliance with Wu for Chi Bi and assuming that that did happen Jing would not have gotten organized after he took it. Plus, obvious reasons if it lasted longer than that.
The problem was I was on fire.
Zhao Yun '87
Master

Unread postby Gal Jon » Wed Nov 30, 2005 6:04 pm

I think Wu would have abliterated everyone else, but in Wei he would be a measly civil officer. A good one, but nothing like the rank he would get with Liu Bei
Zhang Liao-----------"Oh its more than we could have asked for"

Is it me or does that sound more like a Zhang He saying!!
Gal Jon
Scholar

Re: What if Zhuge Liang served Wei or Wu

Unread postby Lexus Fiend » Wed Nov 30, 2005 6:05 pm

Baiko Arashi wrote:what does everybody think would happend...personally i dont think there would have been a Shu

Really? What did Zhuge Liang do to make you beleive that without his existence there would not have even been the Shu empire?
-Devin aka LuckyD
*Neighborhood Superstar*
"Street smarts on the level of a Harvard degree."
Lexus Fiend
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Walker » Wed Nov 30, 2005 6:32 pm

If Zhuge Liang had joined Wei, maybe Cao Cao would have picked a more defensible place than the plains of China for his home base! Honestly, If Wu or Shu had been there, the wars wouldn't have lasted so damn long!
Psst, KOEI, your Shu bias is showing!
Walker
Student

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Wed Nov 30, 2005 6:39 pm

Cao Cao hardly chose where to start of in. It was his home and where he could muster an army with relative ease to fight the Prime Minister. Besides despite the having no natrual defences, it didn't seem to affect Wei too badly
“You, are a rebellious son who abandoned his father. You are a cruel brigand who murdered his lord. How can Heaven and Earth put up with you for long? And unless you die soon, how can you face the sight of men?”
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Location: "Now we must die. May Your Majesty maintain yourself"

Unread postby MarvelousLingTong!!!!!! » Wed Nov 30, 2005 7:18 pm

Well if Zhuge Liang served Wei I do not think the Sima's would have come into power because Sima Yi would not have gained fame fighting off Zhuge Liangs campaigns.
"Nooooooooo hot sexy wife!!!" - Martin Schean
MarvelousLingTong!!!!!!
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Shi Tong » Wed Nov 30, 2005 10:16 pm

Well, novel wise, I think that it would be doubtful there would have been a Shu, Liu Bei would maybe have ended up being gobbled up and spat out somewhere, being unable to do anything to help Han.

Historically I think that there would have been a good chance that he would have worked for Wu- reasons being that his brother worked for Wu, and Pang Tong his friend originally worked for Wu, therefore Wu would have been amazing with a properly used Pang Tong and maybe even Zhuge Jin would have been used better by Sun Quan had Zhuge Liang really been working in Wu.

Novel wise, if Zhuge Liang was working for Wu I think they would have been unstoppable- Zhou Yu may never have died so early because of his jelousy (though it wasn't the prime reason, there's a good chance things would have been different)

Imagine Zhou Yu, Zhuge Liang, Pang Tong and Zhuge Jin together working for Wu :shock:
Shi Tong
Stupid Egg of Shen Zhou

Unread postby redlion » Thu Dec 01, 2005 1:16 am

It all depends on when Liang joins the kingdom. And I think that Zhuge might not of been found unless Pang Tong told Liu Bei. And that Zhuge didn't like other advisors and strategists. He proably would have been used to delegate things at home rather then on the battlefeild. And I think Liu Bei would of served Wei because Cao Cao and himself shared a common righteousness in the book.
redlion
Scholar

Next

Return to Sanguo Yanyi Symposium