Kongming's Archives Development/Encyclopedia Project

Join the Romance of the Three Kingdoms discussion with our resident Scholars. Topics relating to the novel and history are both welcome. Don't forget to check the Forum Rules before posting.
Kongming’s Archives: Romance of the Three Kingdoms
Three Kingdoms Officer Biographies
Three Kingdoms Officer Encyclopedia
Scholars of Shen Zhou Search Tool

Re: Kongming's Archives Development/Encyclopedia Project

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Sat Mar 30, 2019 9:46 am

Ok, fixed it. Thanks Kongde and Daolun
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Location: "Now we must die. May Your Majesty maintain yourself"

Unread postby Tarrot » Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:00 pm

FWIW, I had bios of Wang Hun and Wang Ji when I was doing wiki translations of Jin people.

Wang Hun Wang Ji

Wang Hun's bio has nothing on his family. Wang Ji's states he's the second son of Wang Hun. Nothing on Wang Sheng/Shang. Also, Wang Hun's bio has him passing away at 297.
Tarrot
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby DaoLunOfShiji » Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:24 pm

The original wiki versions of what you translated were incomplete. His Jinshu biography mentions the named kids.
http://bookofjin.tumblr.com/post/162952 ... f-wang-hun

Ji as well also has his own Jinshu biography
http://bookofjin.tumblr.com/post/163138 ... of-wang-ji
"To triumph without fighting is the greatest enterprise of the sovereign. Better to capture a state intact than to wreck it; better to capture an army complete than to destroy it. These are the principles of warfare."
— Zhong Hui
DaoLunOfShiji
Langzhong

Unread postby Kongde » Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:32 pm

Dong Zhou wrote:Ok, fixed it. Thanks Kongde and Daolun

You got it :wink:
?-Kongde-?
Kongde
Assistant

Unread postby Gongsun Z. » Wed Dec 25, 2019 5:33 pm

Hello, I hope this is the good place for that.

I have difficulties on submitting to the contact form in the 'Email section' of Kongming's archives. When I fill all the lines and click to the button 'send an email', the message 'Invalid verification code' appears and when I go to the 'Report Errors' section in the same page, I've got the same message ! I tried on Mozilla and Chrome, it does all the same. I presume this is an anti-bot process and that something might appear but I've got nothing on the screen.

Is it normal, someone got the same thing or is the section closed ?
Gongsun Z.
Tyro

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Wed Dec 25, 2019 6:35 pm

Welcome to the forum Gongsun Z.

I have passed it up the line, may be a delay in response due to the holiday's but somebody with an understanding of the problem should get back to you.
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Unread postby James » Fri Dec 27, 2019 7:44 pm

Gongsun Z. wrote:Hello, I hope this is the good place for that.

I have difficulties on submitting to the contact form in the 'Email section' of Kongming's archives. When I fill all the lines and click to the button 'send an email', the message 'Invalid verification code' appears and when I go to the 'Report Errors' section in the same page, I've got the same message ! I tried on Mozilla and Chrome, it does all the same. I presume this is an anti-bot process and that something might appear but I've got nothing on the screen.

Is it normal, someone got the same thing or is the section closed ?

Hi Gongsun Z. Probably something has broken as internet technology has marched forward. For the time being, feel free to spend me a private message or reply here if you've got a question?
Kongming’s Archives – Romance of the Three Kingdoms Novel, History and Games
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Sun May 31, 2020 10:21 am

Perhaps we should consider changing Liu Feng's death date in encyclopaedia, Yang Zhengyuan (the person translating the whole SGZ on another site) has argued Liu Feng date should be 221

I would guess around 221 or so
The mistake in timing seems to derive from Zizhi Tongjian, which attaches the account of the conflict of Meng Da and Liu Feng and the death of Liu Feng immediately after the report of Meng Da surrendering to Wei
But this is impossibly fast; no way did Cao Pi send Meng Da to attack Liu Feng just after receiving him
The key point is that Liu Feng died after returning in disgrace after being defeated by Meng Da, who was supported by Xiahou Shang and Xu Huang. In both the respective biographies of Xiahou Shang and Xu Huang, their participation in the campaign against Liu Feng is mentioned AFTER the report that they received fief increases at the ascension of Cao Pi to Emperor of Wei, which occurred on December 11th.
No way did Meng Da, Xiahou Shang, and Xu Huang marching all the way to Shangyong, Shangyong being conquered, Liu Feng fleeing from Shangyong back to Chengdu, and Liu Feng receiving the bestowed poison all happen in just 20 days
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Unread postby James » Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:38 pm

Dong Zhou wrote:Perhaps we should consider changing Liu Feng's death date in encyclopaedia, Yang Zhengyuan (the person translating the whole SGZ on another site) has argued Liu Feng date should be 221

I would guess around 221 or so
The mistake in timing seems to derive from Zizhi Tongjian, which attaches the account of the conflict of Meng Da and Liu Feng and the death of Liu Feng immediately after the report of Meng Da surrendering to Wei
But this is impossibly fast; no way did Cao Pi send Meng Da to attack Liu Feng just after receiving him
The key point is that Liu Feng died after returning in disgrace after being defeated by Meng Da, who was supported by Xiahou Shang and Xu Huang. In both the respective biographies of Xiahou Shang and Xu Huang, their participation in the campaign against Liu Feng is mentioned AFTER the report that they received fief increases at the ascension of Cao Pi to Emperor of Wei, which occurred on December 11th.
No way did Meng Da, Xiahou Shang, and Xu Huang marching all the way to Shangyong, Shangyong being conquered, Liu Feng fleeing from Shangyong back to Chengdu, and Liu Feng receiving the bestowed poison all happen in just 20 days

Sure, I'm game. Could be c. 221? It would be good to incorporate a note for future reference as to why a different (than typically expected) date was entered?
Kongming’s Archives – Romance of the Three Kingdoms Novel, History and Games
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:31 am

I have put the date debate in a link but if you have a better place to put the note, let me know
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

PreviousNext

Return to Sanguo Yanyi Symposium