Kongming's Archives Development/Encyclopedia Project

Join the Romance of the Three Kingdoms discussion with our resident Scholars. Topics relating to the novel and history are both welcome. Don't forget to check the Forum Rules before posting.
Kongming’s Archives: Romance of the Three Kingdoms
Three Kingdoms Officer Biographies
Three Kingdoms Officer Encyclopedia
Scholars of Shen Zhou Search Tool

Re: Kongming's Archives Development/Encyclopedia Project

Unread postby Xian Xu » Wed May 10, 2017 12:59 am

Starting with "Chief Controller of Laijiang", I believe the listed titles on Zhang Yi (Junsi) are actually the titles for Zhang Yi (Bogong).

In addition, there is Zhang Miao linked as Zhang Yi's (Junsi) son. Don't believe the link is correct.
Xiǎn Xù (冼旭)
Xian Xu
Scholar

Unread postby capnnerefir » Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:48 pm

We have both Xue Li and Xie Li. These two are certainly the same person (Chancellor of Pengcheng who served under Liu Yao). The man's name was certainly Xue Li. Xie Le is an error and should be deleted.
capnnerefir
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby DragonAtma » Fri May 18, 2018 6:12 pm

I think Jiang Qi (Yiqu) and Jiang Yiqu are the same officer. They have fully compatible names, they're only active during the Guandu campaign (the one other reference -- carrying Meng Dai's letter to Yuan Shao -- was just after Shen Pei's sons were captured in the same campaign), and the Fact vs Fiction fixes any discrepancies.

It'd insert a plot hole into the novel, though. >_>
Unless I specifically say otherwise, assume I am talking about historical Three Kingdoms, and not the novel.

In memory of my beloved cats, Anastasia (9/30/06-9/18/17, illness) and Josephine (1/19/06-9/23/17, cancer).
DragonAtma
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Fri Dec 28, 2018 2:03 pm

I'm updating the encyclopaedia with xuesangou's new site links to biographies. What is policy when a biography has mini biography of theirs in a biography? Like Xiahou Dun's has biography for Xiahou Mao (Weilue), Han Hao (direct SGZ and Weishu) and Shi Huan (paragraph in Weishu). I'm thinking include it in exceptional links for the relevant officer "as part of Xiahou Dun's bio"?
“You, are a rebellious son who abandoned his father. You are a cruel brigand who murdered his lord. How can Heaven and Earth put up with you for long? And unless you die soon, how can you face the sight of men?”

my tumbler

my officer analysis
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Location: "Now we must die. May Your Majesty maintain yourself"

Unread postby James » Sat Dec 29, 2018 1:03 am

Dong Zhou wrote:I'm updating the encyclopaedia with xuesangou's new site links to biographies. What is policy when a biography has mini biography of theirs in a biography? Like Xiahou Dun's has biography for Xiahou Mao (Weilue), Han Hao (direct SGZ and Weishu) and Shi Huan (paragraph in Weishu). I'm thinking include it in exceptional links for the relevant officer "as part of Xiahou Dun's bio"?

I'm not completely sure I understand. Maybe you can elaborate? If linking to a biography on another website that would normally be handled with the Exceptional External Links subsection. Kind of like the broken link on this page:

http://kongming.net/encyclopedia/Empress-Zhang

(Normally it is nice to try and replace a broken link with an alternative, such as from archive.org, but a quick initial search isn't turning one up in this case...)

Also just fine to reference them in the biography.
Kongming’s Archives – Romance of the Three Kingdoms Novel, History and Games
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Sat Dec 29, 2018 7:29 am

This is the link I used https://threestatesrecords.com/2016/04/ ... ang-elder/

Not sure why it isn't working in encyclopaedia but is here. The format I was using is - [https://threestatesrecords.com/2016/04/28/34–3-lady-zhang-elder/ Empress Zhang’s SGZ] and link doesn't seem to like it.

Also just fine to reference them in the biography.

Sorry I'm not quite understanding you on this one?

What I was trying to say: The main SGZ's sometimes have mini biographies within them of important figures like Kong Rong (in Cui Yan's SGZ) and He Yan (in Cao Shuang's), xuesangou's site doesn't separate those biographies so to read about such figures one has to go into main biography. So, for example, to read about Han Hao one has to go through Xiahou Dun's SGZ.

I was wondering if (for example) to put in Han Hao's encyclopaedia external links section, a link to Xiahou Dun's SGZ with a note biography is within Xiahou Dun's SGZ.
“You, are a rebellious son who abandoned his father. You are a cruel brigand who murdered his lord. How can Heaven and Earth put up with you for long? And unless you die soon, how can you face the sight of men?”

my tumbler

my officer analysis
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Unread postby Han » Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:09 am

Its xuesanguo not gou. Just saying...
Liu Bei did nothing wrong.
Han
Changshi

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:54 am

Thanks. Sorry my dyslexia sometimes leads to such errors but I'll try to ensure it doesn't happen again

my tumbler

my officer analysis
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Unread postby Han » Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:59 am

Woah. Theres nothing to apologise for. I was just pointing it out because you were wrong twice haha.
Liu Bei did nothing wrong.
Han
Changshi

Unread postby James » Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:51 pm

Dong Zhou wrote:Not sure why it isn't working in encyclopaedia but is here.

Oh, wow. That's an interesting bug. There's a routine that evaluates entered text into text fields and replaces certain punctuation, under certain circumstances, with characters like curly quotes or an en-dash, etc. In this case the link structure for this website is triggering an en-dash replacement. I corrected all appropriate entries in the database, but that one needs a proper code fix.

Dong Zhou wrote:Sorry I'm not quite understanding you on this one?

For example, in footnotes for an embedded biography.

Dong Zhou wrote:What I was trying to say: The main SGZ's sometimes have mini biographies within them of important figures like Kong Rong (in Cui Yan's SGZ) and He Yan (in Cao Shuang's), xuesangou's site doesn't separate those biographies so to read about such figures one has to go into main biography. So, for example, to read about Han Hao one has to go through Xiahou Dun's SGZ.

I was wondering if (for example) to put in Han Hao's encyclopaedia external links section, a link to Xiahou Dun's SGZ with a note biography is within Xiahou Dun's SGZ.

I gotcha. Perfectly acceptable to do that.
Kongming’s Archives – Romance of the Three Kingdoms Novel, History and Games
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

PreviousNext

Return to Sanguo Yanyi Symposium