Kongming's Archives Development/Encyclopedia Project

Join the Romance of the Three Kingdoms discussion with our resident Scholars. Topics relating to the novel and history are both welcome. Don't forget to check the Forum Rules before posting.
Kongming’s Archives: Romance of the Three Kingdoms
Three Kingdoms Officer Biographies
Three Kingdoms Officer Encyclopedia
Scholars of Shen Zhou Search Tool

Re: Kongming's Archives Development/Encyclopedia Project

Unread postby James » Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:16 pm

Jolt wrote:James, if you could grant me access to the editor as well that would be great. I browse the encyclopedia fairly frequently and I usually come across small mistakes that I'd like to correct. I had already requested in this thread a handful of times so far to no effect.

Sure. Send me a private message with the email address associated with your Kongming's Archives account and I'll get you started. :)
Kongming’s Archives – Romance of the Three Kingdoms Novel, History and Games
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby Taishi Ci 2.0 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:12 am

The link to the page for Liu Jun of Wu redirects back to the Encyclopedia's main page.
"You have attacked us before, and we survived! You cannot defeat us. Submit!"
"We have. You did. We can. No."
Taishi Ci 2.0
Grand Historian Friendly to Cats

Unread postby Qu Hui » Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:24 am

Taishi Ci 2.0 wrote:The link to the page for Liu Jun of Wu redirects back to the Encyclopedia's main page.

That's because the cache hasn't updated, and it's a new entry. It should be fine in a day or two.
My avatar is Roy from Fire Emblem: Binding Blade, as he appears in Fire Emblem: Awakening
Quote of the "Day": "The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before." -Neil Gaiman
Qu Hui
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby James » Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:04 pm

Qu Hui wrote:
Taishi Ci 2.0 wrote:The link to the page for Liu Jun of Wu redirects back to the Encyclopedia's main page.

That's because the cache hasn't updated, and it's a new entry. It should be fine in a day or two.

I really should update that to run more elegantly...
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby Tarrot » Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:23 pm

Another question: Wang Cizhong. He would've been added a long time ago, and he shows up in the google search for his name, but he has no bio and his page returns an error. Do you have any records of what happened with his bio?
Tarrot
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby James » Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:03 pm

Tarrot wrote:Another question: Wang Cizhong. He would've been added a long time ago, and he shows up in the google search for his name, but he has no bio and his page returns an error. Do you have any records of what happened with his bio?

He doesn't exist in the database anymore. I also searched the other Wangs to see if there were notes of deletion as a duplicate (I leave a note when I remove someone) but can't find anything. I imagine he was deleted for a reason, but I can't guess what that might have been. So if you're looking at a Wang Cizhong, might be worthwhile to add him again.
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby Qu Hui » Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:45 pm

Tarrot wrote:Another question: Wang Cizhong. He would've been added a long time ago, and he shows up in the google search for his name, but he has no bio and his page returns an error. Do you have any records of what happened with his bio?

That's because Wang Cizhong is a Qin individual. TigerTally explained the reasoning behind his removal here.

EDIT: Speaking of removing entries, Xiang Tiao $609 and Xiang Tao $1819 are duplicates. Mijia $2432 and $2475 are duplicates as well. Fu Jia $2613 and Fu Gu $0162 might duplicates. Lü You $1822 and $2418 are definitely duplicates. Also Liu Pi $0346 and $1357 are most likely duplicates. Also also Ruan Xian $2143 and $2140 are duplicates.

2ND EDIT: Also, James, I noticed that the search engine in the database editor won't recgonize ü for some reason.
My avatar is Roy from Fire Emblem: Binding Blade, as he appears in Fire Emblem: Awakening
Quote of the "Day": "The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before." -Neil Gaiman
Qu Hui
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby DragonAtma » Tue Dec 24, 2013 5:41 am

Out of curiosity, have you thought about letting people search by time period instead of officer name?
Unless I specifically say otherwise, assume I am talking about historical Three Kingdoms, and not the novel.
DragonAtma
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby James » Tue Dec 24, 2013 7:13 pm

Qu Hui wrote:2ND EDIT: Also, James, I noticed that the search engine in the database editor won't recgonize ü for some reason.

For some reason I thought that was supported, but I can see that it is not.

DragonAtma wrote:Out of curiosity, have you thought about letting people search by time period instead of officer name?

That's a good idea, though I'm not sure how comprehensive the results would be. There are many people who would, for example, clearly appear within a time period, but would not be displayed due to a lack of lifespan information.
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby DragonAtma » Tue Dec 24, 2013 9:41 pm

You can always set it to filter whether we're going with officers certainly active in period X and officers who may or may not have been active during period X.

And it may be best to do without ü; sure, for some reason scholars like to use it, but then there's a the pain of wondering whether an officer is Lu Bu or Lü Bu (or Lu Bü or Lü Bü!).
Yes, I know that they never use Bü...
Unless I specifically say otherwise, assume I am talking about historical Three Kingdoms, and not the novel.
DragonAtma
Scholar of Shen Zhou

PreviousNext

Return to Sanguo Yanyi Symposium