If Sun Jian lived

Join the Romance of the Three Kingdoms discussion with our resident Scholars. Topics relating to the novel and history are both welcome. Don't forget to check the Forum Rules before posting.
Kongming’s Archives: Romance of the Three Kingdoms
Three Kingdoms Officer Biographies
Three Kingdoms Officer Encyclopedia
Scholars of Shen Zhou Search Tool

If Sun Jian lived

Unread postby redlion » Sat Oct 01, 2005 8:41 pm

If Sun Jian lived longer would he of conquered China? He was a very strong officer with capable officers. But would he of used strategy?
redlion
Scholar

Unread postby Baiko Arashi » Sat Oct 01, 2005 9:54 pm

i dont know if he would have conqured china, but there probaly would not have been a Shu
eh, ill find something witty to put here later.

Nothing do your mortal soul.
Arashi Baiko
Combat: 100
Command: 85
Charisma: 75
Intelligence: 70
Baiko Arashi
Prison Warden of SoSZ

Unread postby Zovo » Sat Oct 01, 2005 11:14 pm

No, not a chance.
Sun Jian was too recklessand hot-headed, he took un-necessary risks and ultimately would have met an end similar to the one he did.
We the certain Damned refuse to follow.
We are determined to control.
Zovo
Tyro

Unread postby Lexus Fiend » Sun Oct 02, 2005 1:25 am

Sun Jian was a warrior, and although he was a capable general on the battlefield, he's not a ruler. I don't think he had what it takes to be a ruler of large magnitude, but who can say? I don't doubt his fighting ability and leadership qualites, but I'm very doubtful on how well of a soverign he would had made.
-Devin aka LuckyD
*Neighborhood Superstar*
"Street smarts on the level of a Harvard degree."
Lexus Fiend
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Elitemsh » Sun Oct 02, 2005 9:30 am

I do not think Sun Jian would have accomplished much. Sun Jian's death was caused by his own foolishness. Sun Jian was courageous but lacking in strategy, he was not the match of Cao Cao. To conquer the land requires the leader to use a balanced mixture of might and strategy. Since Sun Jian used only his might in battles, he would never have been able to defeat the likes of Cao Cao and consequently would never have had a realistic chance to unite the land, no matter how long he lived. Sun Quan, in my opinion, was far more capable than his father and heeded good counsel, hence the victory at Chi Bi. If Sun Jian was alive, it may be that Wu would have lost at Chi Bi, as I think he was more headstrong and less willing to take the advice of others.
''I've never fought for anyone but myself. I've got no purpose in life. No ultimate goal. It's only when I'm cheating death on the battlefield. The only time I feel truly alive.'' ~Solid Snake
Elitemsh
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Raven » Sun Oct 02, 2005 10:50 am

Sun JIan was a good warrior but i dont think he would ever beat cao cao
Raven
Apprentice

Unread postby Gal Jon » Sun Oct 02, 2005 11:37 am

Sun Jian inspired his troops, and this caused great men to come to him. At the end of the day, Sun Ce was a warrior and still conquered most of Wu, and Sun QUan also wnet into battle. I don't think the fact that they were only god fighters comes in to it. I think its more to do with the officers under them.
Zhang Liao-----------"Oh its more than we could have asked for"

Is it me or does that sound more like a Zhang He saying!!
Gal Jon
Scholar

Re: If Sun Jian lived

Unread postby Beauty Warrior Zhou » Wed Oct 05, 2005 1:45 pm

Sun Jian was great, but honestly I dont think he could... However, I think Sun Ce could.
redlion wrote:He was a very strong officer with capable officers. But would he of used strategy?
Sun Jian didn't have capable officers, but he did have capable generals like Cheng Pu and Huang Gai but no one could considered as capable strategist. In the other hand Sun Ce have Zhou Yu, and what he can do with that? HE CONQUERED YANG. Sun Ce, beside as his father was a brave fighter and general, was also a wise retainer who always welcome officer with good talented and listened for their oppinions (see how he treated Taishi Ci and the two brothers Zhang).
Last edited by Beauty Warrior Zhou on Fri Oct 07, 2005 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
If you fight for your right,
you will fight till you die
If you fight for your responsibility
you will end with happiness
-Sutjipto Subeno-
Beauty Warrior Zhou
Scholar

Unread postby redlion » Wed Oct 05, 2005 7:05 pm

Zhou Yu joined Wu while Sun Jian was in control. So I think that he could of came damn close.
redlion
Scholar

Unread postby REMIX » Wed Oct 05, 2005 7:46 pm

Zhou Yu was still quite young when he served Sun Jian so I doubt he would have been much help.
REMIX
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Next

Return to Sanguo Yanyi Symposium