Zhao Yun Movie

Join the Romance of the Three Kingdoms discussion with our resident Scholars. Topics relating to the novel and history are both welcome. Don't forget to check the Forum Rules before posting.
Kongming’s Archives: Romance of the Three Kingdoms
Three Kingdoms Officer Biographies
Three Kingdoms Officer Encyclopedia
Scholars of Shen Zhou Search Tool

Zhao Yun Movie

Unread postby goldenchild » Tue Sep 27, 2005 8:28 pm

hey everyone. i just found out that there will be a movie made about the life of my fav rotk general, Zhao Yun. ill cut and paste the info i found out in case anyone is interested:

"Film about Zhao Zilong is scheduled to start shooting at the end of the year or beginning of next year.

It was heard that the film will have a production fee of US$200 million from Mainland China, Hong Kong, Japan and Korea movie companies, Daniel Lee will be the director and location shooting will be carried out in Mainland China.

The film will be a war theme narrating general Zhao Zilong of the Three Kingdom life and achievements, it'll be based on the comic book.

Andy Lau will be cast as Zhao Zilong and he will Zhao from young till 70 years old, Zhao was the oldest general during the 3 Kingdom period as he brave his life to protect the country and will battle to his last breathe."

has anyone else heard about this? the website where i found it is beijingportal.com.

or u can do what i did and just go on google and accidently stumble upon it.
goldenchild
Assistant

Unread postby Zell » Wed Sep 28, 2005 12:26 pm

Can you give us an exact link cos i cant find it. :roll:
May the fantasy never be forgotten. May the fantasy never be final.
Zell
Student

Unread postby goldenchild » Wed Sep 28, 2005 1:45 pm

did u try the website i put on my last post?
goldenchild
Assistant

Unread postby Guan Yunchang » Wed Sep 28, 2005 7:59 pm

That is so unfair. What is so great about Zhao Yun? Movie wise, I'm not sure where they could go. He switches lords a few times. He saves Ahdoh'. He dies a natural death. Not much meat there.

I could write a great screenplay for Guan Yu's story. He triumphs over adversity. Becomes a sworn brother. Makes a great name for himself. Experiences many conflicts in the name of honor. But this would be story of tragedy. For he loses in Jing, and the whole Shu Dynasty caves in.
Same old song, just a drop of water in an endless sea.
All we do, crumbles to the ground though we refuse to see.
Dust in the wind, all we are is dust in the wind.
Rest in piece Liao Hua.
Guan Yunchang
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Location: Rest in peace good buddy. I only hope you missed me as much as I miss you now.

Unread postby cao cao#1 » Wed Sep 28, 2005 8:08 pm

Guan Yunchang wrote:That is so unfair. What is so great about Zhao Yun? Movie wise, I'm not sure where they could go. He switches lords a few times. He saves Ahdoh'. He dies a natural death. Not much meat there.

I could write a great screenplay for Guan Yu's story. He triumphs over adversity. Becomes a sworn brother. Makes a great name for himself. Experiences many conflicts in the name of honor. But this would be story of tragedy. For he loses in Jing, and the whole Shu Dynasty caves in.

Yeah whats so great about zhou yun,guan yu would make a better story or dian wei or zhang fei the only thing I ever heard about zhou yun is saving that kid not much else .
I never have a problem with taking a test. Its the 10 minutes before you enter the room that get to me you hear people talking about crap you have never heard about in your life.
cao cao#1
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby arkaeyn » Wed Sep 28, 2005 8:23 pm

That's odd that you say "what did Zhao Yun do?" When I read the novel, he seems to be by far the most effective, long-lived warrior, from his time with Gongsun Zan to Chang Ban to the Nanman and early northern campaigns. The main problem with making a move about him isn't lack of things to do, it's that he's too perfect. He doesn't have a fatal flaw. In that respect, I think Guan Yu would be a better candidate, as his arrogance cost Shu Jing.
arkaeyn
Student

Unread postby Sevenrhapsody » Wed Sep 28, 2005 8:25 pm

I think that's exactly the reason why one would make a movie about Zhao Yun. So little is known about him, which means it's open to a lot of imagination and interpretation of this character. If one makes a movie about Guan Yu, it would be open to a lot of criticism since so much is said about Guan Yu.

If I get my hands on it, I'd love to watch it if and when it comes out.
Sevenrhapsody
Apprentice

Unread postby Guan Yunchang » Wed Sep 28, 2005 11:37 pm

There's alot to imagine about Guan Yu's life.

Like how his father killed his mother.

Or how his wife was murdered (not by anyone important) for speaking out of turn.

Or how Cao Cao ordered him to kill Diao Chan after he exposed her plot to get them to fight.

Or how his adoption of Guan Ping wasn't as friendly as the book might say.
Rest in piece Liao Hua.
Guan Yunchang
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Location: Rest in peace good buddy. I only hope you missed me as much as I miss you now.

Unread postby redlion » Wed Sep 28, 2005 11:45 pm

I think that Zhao Yun movie would be a good idea but just some more for you to think of.

Good Movie Ideas:
    Gan Ning's Life
    Lu Bu's Life
    Sun Ce, And Zhou Yu's lives
    Dian Wei's Life
    Cao Cao's Life
    Ma Chao's Life
    Zhang Fei's Life
    Kongming's Life
    Pang Tong's life
    Wei Yan's Life
redlion
Scholar

Unread postby Guan Yunchang » Wed Sep 28, 2005 11:50 pm

Gan Ning's Life - Ellaborate
Lu Bu's Life - Would work well
Sun Ce, And Zhou Yu's lives - Would work, but it would be such a Wu-fest
Dian Wei's Life - Not alot of meat in that movie
Cao Cao's Life - Yeah
Ma Chao's Life - Ellaborate
Zhang Fei's Life - You could probably do all three brother's in one movie. They die quite close to eachother.
Kongming's Life - Yeah
Pang Tong's life - Not alot of meat, combine with Kongming
Wei Yan's Life - Ellaborate
Rest in piece Liao Hua.
Guan Yunchang
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Next

Return to Sanguo Yanyi Symposium