Lu Xun: More Information?

Join the Romance of the Three Kingdoms discussion with our resident Scholars. Topics relating to the novel and history are both welcome. Don't forget to check the Forum Rules before posting.
Kongming’s Archives: Romance of the Three Kingdoms
Three Kingdoms Officer Biographies
Three Kingdoms Officer Encyclopedia
Scholars of Shen Zhou Search Tool

Lu Xun: More Information?

Unread postby Raven » Thu Sep 15, 2005 6:41 pm

Ive been playing Dystany warriors 5 and just wondered if anyone could give me more info about my faviote character....lu Xun
Raven
Apprentice

Unread postby redlion » Thu Sep 15, 2005 8:21 pm

Lu Xun took the position of Wu Advisor after the death of Lu Mang(not sure if related) at a young age. Most known for the fire attack at Yi Ling. He also is known for the stoe-sentenial maze and the strategy at the second battle of He Fei. And I think he wrote a book about the great strategists of the era.
redlion
Scholar

Unread postby Lady Wu » Thu Sep 15, 2005 8:40 pm

Here's his official historical biography (translated from the SGZ): http://kongming.net/novel/sgz/luxun.php
"Whatever you do, don't fall off the bridge! It'll be a pain to try to get back up again." - Private, DW 8
Lady Wu
There's no better state than Wu
There's no better state than Wu

Unread postby Lord Cao Mengde » Thu Sep 15, 2005 8:55 pm

redlion wrote:Lu Xun took the position of Wu Advisor after the death of Lu Mang(not sure if related) at a young age. Most known for the fire attack at Yi Ling. He also is known for the stoe-sentenial maze and the strategy at the second battle of He Fei. And I think he wrote a book about the great strategists of the era.

Lu Meng's family name is different to UL Xun's...I don't think they're related. Yea he is famous for burning Liu Bei's camp when he camped in the forest.
我寧可背叛整個世界, 也不願世界背叛我 - 曹操
Lord Cao Mengde
Assistant

Unread postby Lexus Fiend » Thu Sep 15, 2005 10:50 pm

Lord Cao Mengde wrote:
redlion wrote:Lu Xun took the position of Wu Advisor after the death of Lu Mang(not sure if related) at a young age. Most known for the fire attack at Yi Ling. He also is known for the stoe-sentenial maze and the strategy at the second battle of He Fei. And I think he wrote a book about the great strategists of the era.

Lu Meng's family name is different to UL Xun's...I don't think they're related. Yea he is famous for burning Liu Bei's camp when he camped in the forest.

Lu Meng and Lu Xun are not related. Lu Xun has a lot more things under his belt than just burning Liu Bei's camp. He's one of, if not the greatest strategist of the RTK era.
-Devin aka LuckyD
*Neighborhood Superstar*
"Street smarts on the level of a Harvard degree."
Lexus Fiend
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby redlion » Thu Sep 15, 2005 11:24 pm

the stone sentinal maze is also an acheivement, but didn't he participate in the attack on Guan Yu at Fan Castle?
redlion
Scholar

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Fri Sep 16, 2005 7:19 am

redlion wrote:the stone sentinal maze is also an acheivement, but didn't he participate in the attack on Guan Yu at Fan Castle?

He helped plan it I think and then was given a force to deal with Shu forces to the south of the main army. Something like that anyway
“You, are a rebellious son who abandoned his father. You are a cruel brigand who murdered his lord. How can Heaven and Earth put up with you for long? And unless you die soon, how can you face the sight of men?”
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Location: "Now we must die. May Your Majesty maintain yourself"

Unread postby LiuBeiwasGreat » Fri Sep 16, 2005 3:49 pm

redlion wrote:the stone sentinal maze is also an acheivement, but didn't he participate in the attack on Guan Yu at Fan Castle?

Lu Xun wrote the letter which pledged support and said how much he desired friendship between the two kingdoms and how much he respected Guan Yu and how he hoped to learn from the veterain general.
Lu Xun during the actual invasion was the only one to actually fight against enemy troops. He faced two generals who had around 5-6 thousand troops between them and he defeated them and besieged and took over some cites in Wu Ling and Ling Ling.
"If you can't drink a lobbyist's whiskey, take his money, sleep with his women and still vote against him in the morning, you don't belong in politics."
LiuBeiwasGreat
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Raven » Fri Sep 16, 2005 10:23 pm

Thanks guys for the info
Raven
Apprentice

Unread postby arkaeyn » Thu Sep 22, 2005 7:20 am

Lu Xun was also the architect of the plan which won Wu a massive victory at You Ting, a battle which is given short shrift in Dynasty Warriors, but from what I gathered, might have been as large and important a victory over Wei and Yi Ling was over Shu.

Combine that with his longevity as Wu's strategist, his perfect record in battles, his great genes (his son Lu Kang kept Wu safe after Xun's death) and his funny little hat in Dynasty Warriors, and you could ake an argument he was the most effective character in the history, except for Cao Cao and the Sima clan.
arkaeyn
Student

Next

Return to Sanguo Yanyi Symposium