Sun family tree (a project)

Join the Romance of the Three Kingdoms discussion with our resident Scholars. Topics relating to the novel and history are both welcome. Don't forget to check the Forum Rules before posting.
Kongming’s Archives: Romance of the Three Kingdoms
Three Kingdoms Officer Biographies
Three Kingdoms Officer Encyclopedia
Scholars of Shen Zhou Search Tool

Unread postby Sun Gongli » Tue May 31, 2005 5:46 am

It was close to completed, but anywhere where you see a number (except in the case of daughters) means that there's something incomplete.

Question: Does anybody have information on descendants of Wu Jing? I'd like to include them in as well.
"There are those who try to shape the world to their own whim,
and then there are those who allow the world to shape them.
It is in the balance that greatness is achieved."
Sun Gongli
Poo Poo Pants

Unread postby Sun Gongli » Tue Jun 14, 2005 4:08 pm

I've put this in HTML format and have included very brief biographies on those officers I could find information on. I'll submit it to the KMA soon.

Lady Wu's Sun family tree is much better if you only want the most important officers. Mine goes into great detail and includes many people who have no great importance in the era.
Sun Gongli
Poo Poo Pants

Unread postby Sun Gongli » Wed Jun 22, 2005 7:36 am

I have uploaded the Sun Family Tree in an easier-to-read HTML format (and made a few updates). Its new location is at

http://www.geocities.com/stevethehero/sunfamilytree.htm

I'd like to submit it to KMA as a companion to Lady Wu's own.

As always, feel free to correct any mistakes you see. Read the notes as well.
Sun Gongli
Poo Poo Pants

Re:

Unread postby solemio » Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:45 pm

Hi, I find some errors in the Sun family tree in the kongming archive. (http://kongming.net/novel/trees/sun_detailed.html)
Sun He is not adopted by Sun Jian, rather, it was Sun Ce who gave him the surname.
And Lu Yan, the elder son of Lu Xun, is not son of Sun Ce's daughter. And the famous poets should be Lu Ji and Lu Yun.
I am familiar with the Sun Ce part, so that's all I can comment on.

Lady Wu wrote:Actually, there is a Sun family tree in KMA already under the family trees section on http://kongming.net/novel/

There is a bunch of revisions I want to make on it (such as the sisters of Sun Quan), but I don't have access to to the graphics file and I had lost my original text file, and I'd been too lazy to retype it all, and I don't know what's the best way to format it anyway.

If you have ideas on how to reformat the whole thing, though, and any extra additions, I'd be happy to type up what I have.

(BTW, there was only one Lady Wu that Sun Jian married (I should know :P), and I cannot find any historical support at all for Lady Sun being married/betrothed to Liu Zhang.)
You bloomed like a burning rose and exhausted my heart, which hence can bear nothing but weeds.
solemio
Tyro

Previous

Return to Sanguo Yanyi Symposium