Fu Qian!

Join the Romance of the Three Kingdoms discussion with our resident Scholars. Topics relating to the novel and history are both welcome. Don't forget to check the Forum Rules before posting.
Kongming’s Archives: Romance of the Three Kingdoms
Three Kingdoms Officer Biographies
Three Kingdoms Officer Encyclopedia
Scholars of Shen Zhou Search Tool

Fu Qian!

Unread postby Sima Hui » Sun Oct 17, 2004 10:27 am

I think that Fu Qian is a great guy. Who else here thinks that? Have you even heard of him? If not, then listen up!

Fu Qian was the son of Fu Tong, who famously said, "No Han general ever submits to the dogs of Wu!" and died at Yiling.

Fu Qian fought alongside Jiang Wei on the Northern Campaigns and once killed two generals in a single fight. He also defended Hanzhong with Jiang Shu when Zhong Hui came.

When Zhong Hui arrived Fu Qian attacked him, whilst Jiang Shu held the pass. After initially routing Zhong Hui, Hui counterattacked. Fu Qian fled back to the pass, only to find that Jiang Shu had surrendered. Fu Qian denounced Jiang Shu saying, "Traitor! How can you face the world again! I have lived as a servant of Shu and so I shall die as one!"

He then fought to the death against Zhong Hui, but when his horse toppled over, Fu Qian slit his own throat and died.

I think that Fu Qian doesn't get much recognition, but what do you think?
This topic is an affront to both The Man and The Son of the Man.

-Ts'aoist

Ssuma I sucks.
He was okay when he was an obedient slave of The Man.

-Ts'aoist

Join the Cult and receive the True and Holy Word of The Man.
Sima Hui
Cult of Ts'aoist

Unread postby Liu Pi » Sun Oct 17, 2004 12:46 pm

Fu Qian i think has the best death in SGYY (as i stated in the most memorable death thread). A somewhat forgotten general ahd whose very words i live by. :wink: Death to Wu!! :lol: No just joking.
"You cannot dream yourself into a character; you must hammer and forge yourself one." - James A. Froude
Liu Pi
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby PrimeMinister Bu Zhi » Sun Oct 17, 2004 4:14 pm

I know about him. I also like him a lot. He is very underrated.
Lu Xun- "After much observation of how Liu Bei had been leading troops in his career, I see that he had more failures than success; hence, he is not much of a threat."
PrimeMinister Bu Zhi
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby LiuBeiwasGreat » Sun Oct 17, 2004 5:18 pm

He basicly had a similar death as his father. He fought bravely against a great enemy and showed great skill. Very admirable indeed.
LiuBeiwasGreat
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Andrew » Sun Oct 17, 2004 10:08 pm

I like him, remained loyal over all the years, fought till the very end even if the odds were againest him. Good man, just like his father.
Formerly known as XiahouDun-22
Andrew
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Mistelten » Sun Oct 17, 2004 10:19 pm

I think a lot of the 'later generals' are underrated, simply because they're widely unknown. Fu Qian's father also had a HEROIC death.
Mistelten
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Return to Sanguo Yanyi Symposium