Why is Cao Ren so revered?

Join the Romance of the Three Kingdoms discussion with our resident Scholars. Topics relating to the novel and history are both welcome. Don't forget to check the Forum Rules before posting.
Kongming’s Archives: Romance of the Three Kingdoms
Three Kingdoms Officer Biographies
Three Kingdoms Officer Encyclopedia
Scholars of Shen Zhou Search Tool

Re: Why is Cao Ren so revered?

Unread postby Cao Hong 14 » Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:21 pm

ya maybe not pivitol but still great. I still believe he should be playable. And ya if it weren't for him cao cao would have died fighting xu rong. So maybe yuan shao would have been the third kingdom.lol
"Change is the law of life. And those who only look to the past or present are certain to miss the future. "
- President John F. Kennedy
Cao Hong 14
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby mrwongshappymushu » Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:15 pm

Cao Hong 14 wrote:ya maybe not pivitol but still great. I still believe he should be playable. And ya if it weren't for him cao cao would have died fighting xu rong. So maybe yuan shao would have been the third kingdom.lol

Is that novel or history?
mrwongshappymushu
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Cao Hong 14 » Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:51 pm

Novel for sure but maybe history. I know that in the novel cao cao would be dead if it wasn't for cao hong. Not really sure about history and please don't tell me whether or not he did in history(don't like my images of people ruined such as guan xing).
he has enough events for like a long musou mode but here is what I would put:
hu lao gate
xia pi
chi bi
tong gate
han zhong
wu zhang plains
"Change is the law of life. And those who only look to the past or present are certain to miss the future. "
Cao Hong 14
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby mrwongshappymushu » Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:06 pm

Cao Hong 14 wrote:Novel for sure but maybe history. I know that in the novel cao cao would be dead if it wasn't for cao hong. Not really sure about history and please don't tell me whether or not he did in history(don't like my images of people ruined such as guan xing).
he has enough events for like a long musou mode but here is what I would put:
hu lao gate
xia pi
chi bi
tong gate
han zhong
wu zhang plains

Well sir, im not sure Musou belongs in the Sanguo Yanyi Symposium. But yeah, he did take participate in those battles. He is a capable general, but we're getting off topic :wink:
mrwongshappymushu
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Cao Hong 14 » Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:24 pm

ya my bad i'm going to get back on topic haha. I've always wondered, why haven't they added the battle where cao ren, cao hong, niu jin, and cao chun defended jing from zhou yu, only to have it taken by zhao yun. It was very important and has the potential to be a very fun battle
Cao Hong 14
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby mrwongshappymushu » Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:53 pm

Cao Hong 14 wrote:ya my bad i'm going to get back on topic haha. I've always wondered, why haven't they added the battle where cao ren, cao hong, niu jin, and cao chun defended jing from zhou yu, only to have it taken by zhao yun. It was very important and has the potential to be a very fun battle

Getting off topic again :wink: Here ill make a post for that
mrwongshappymushu
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Cao Hong 14 » Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:54 pm

k tell me where u put it so I can post there
Cao Hong 14
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby mrwongshappymushu » Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:59 pm

Cao Hong 14 wrote:k tell me where u put it so I can post there

DW7 thread, id posted one but Qu Hui said otherwise, so DW7 thread :wink:
But yeah, Cao Ren was a brilliant general, capable, above average and brilliant :wink: [<3]
mrwongshappymushu
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Vitruvius » Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:21 am

He is the Zhao Yun of Wei. Skilled, loyal, brave and resilient. An extremely good defensive general and held for long periods of time on his own. Had a Zhao Yun moment in his rescue of Niu Jin. His only defeat was at Bowang.
Vitruvius
Student

Unread postby Cao Hong 14 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:26 am

ye he seems like the perfect defensive general the only times where he was defeated was when he was on the offensive. KOEI realizes he is the defensive tank and I believe thats why he has all the armor and says things like "enemy officer outlasted".
Cao Hong 14
Scholar of Shen Zhou

PreviousNext

Return to Sanguo Yanyi Symposium