5 Generals of Wei.

Join the Romance of the Three Kingdoms discussion with our resident Scholars. Topics relating to the novel and history are both welcome. Don't forget to check the Forum Rules before posting.
Kongming’s Archives: Romance of the Three Kingdoms
Three Kingdoms Officer Biographies
Three Kingdoms Officer Encyclopedia
Scholars of Shen Zhou Search Tool

Who's the best

Xu Huang
23%
Zhang Liao
56%
Yu Jin
2%
Yue Jin
2%
Zhang He
16%

Total votes : 87

Re: 5 Generals of Wei.

Unread postby XuSheng » Sun May 15, 2011 4:24 pm

Zhang Liao and Xu Huang are the most impressive imo so:

1. Xu Huang
2. Zhang Liao
3. Zhang He
4. Yue Jin
5. Yu Jin

the better between Yue Jin and Yu Jin is hard to find but i really like the fact that, when attacking enemy, Yue Jin was always the first to enter the enemy castle.

My other top 5 except the 5 wei general is:

1. Deng Ai
2. Cao Ren
3. Chen Tai
4. Xu Zhu
5. Hao Zhao

Xiahou Dun dosen't deserve to be a top wei general he did absolutely nothing in history unless of being capture by bandits :lol: And Xiahou Yuan was only commanding troops and controlling the supply so i think what he did is not that great.
I like to kill people in my dreams, so when I fall asleep be sure not to come too close.
XuSheng
Assistant

Unread postby mrbeate » Sun May 15, 2011 5:16 pm

XuSheng wrote:Xiahou Dun dosen't deserve to be a top wei general he did absolutely nothing in history unless of being capture by bandits :lol: And Xiahou Yuan was only commanding troops and controlling the supply so i think what he did is not that great.

Xiahou Yuan was a capable general. He brought down the Qiang, and Western lords/tribes. Able to march his troops with great speed and catch his enemy off guard bring him success in battle.
Whenever there was a rebellion or uprising of bandits/tribes/rebels, Xiahou Yuan would be sent there to quell it.
Smoke, drink, relieve my stress
mrbeate
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby XuSheng » Sun May 15, 2011 6:24 pm

mrbeate wrote:
XuSheng wrote:Xiahou Dun dosen't deserve to be a top wei general he did absolutely nothing in history unless of being capture by bandits :lol: And Xiahou Yuan was only commanding troops and controlling the supply so i think what he did is not that great.

Xiahou Yuan was a capable general. He brought down the Qiang, and Western lords/tribes. Able to march his troops with great speed and catch his enemy off guard bring him success in battle.
Whenever there was a rebellion or uprising of bandits/tribes/rebels, Xiahou Yuan would be sent there to quell it.

Facing Bandits is not the same thing has facing shu or wu
I like to kill people in my dreams, so when I fall asleep be sure not to come too close.
XuSheng
Assistant

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Sun May 15, 2011 6:27 pm

The Qiang were still a formidable force, ask the Han who lost Liang province to them. Or Gou Yuan. Or Cao Cao who had a difficult fight with them.
“You, are a rebellious son who abandoned his father. You are a cruel brigand who murdered his lord. How can Heaven and Earth put up with you for long? And unless you die soon, how can you face the sight of men?”
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Location: "Now we must die. May Your Majesty maintain yourself"

Unread postby Mick7 » Sat Oct 22, 2011 4:26 am

I'd go zhang liao with the obvious he fei defense to his credit which was nothing short of remarkable, zhang he comes in a close 2nd though i think he did caused shu some problems in their northern campaigns, and i may be mistaken but not only was zhuge liang wary of him, but wasnt he recorded to say he wished it had been zhang he that died and ding jun instead of xiahou yuan? xu huang in the 3 spot, with yu jin and yue jin rounding it out...i think a case could be made for xiahou yuan but for those suggesting xiahou dun i'd have to bring up how little victories he actually had in the grand scheme of things...really not a successful general at all.
Mick7
Apprentice

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Sat Oct 22, 2011 6:14 am

nd i may be mistaken but not only was zhuge liang wary of him, but wasnt he recorded to say he wished it had been zhang he that died and ding jun instead of xiahou yuan?

Think that was Liu Bei that said it.
“You, are a rebellious son who abandoned his father. You are a cruel brigand who murdered his lord. How can Heaven and Earth put up with you for long? And unless you die soon, how can you face the sight of men?”
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Unread postby Yang Dayang » Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:17 am

- Xu Huang
- Zhang Liao
- Yue Jin
- Zhang He
- Yu Jin

Xu Huang was simply perfect. He showed great might at Fan Castle and amazing leadership qualities in Hanzhong and Tong Gate. He performed admirably in every task given to him, and excelled in both planning and fighting. Zhang Liao comes closely second, he is on Xu Huang's level when it comes to leadership, and probably exceeds him in martial prowess but I think Xu Huang is better when it comes to planning. Yue Jin is really underrated, he defeated Liu Bei twice and we know how good Liu Bei is.

Zhang He is awesome, but losing to Zhang Fei at Baxi makes the others seem better than him. Yu Jin was great, but I feel he was more of a general than an actual commander.

Cao Ren, Deng Ai and Chen Tai are amazing as well. I'd say Deng Ai is better than Zhang Liao. Cao Ren is better than Zhang He, and maybe on Yue Jin's level. Chen Tai is just... there... somewhere *Chen Tai biased fanboy here lol*
Yang Dayang
Changshi

Unread postby XuSheng » Sun Oct 23, 2011 4:00 am

Yang Dayang wrote:Chen Tai is just... there... somewhere *Chen Tai biased fanboy here lol*

ahah I agree Chen Tai is God :shock:
XuSheng
Assistant

Unread postby Hyper90 » Sun Oct 23, 2011 4:37 am

XuSheng wrote:
Yang Dayang wrote:Chen Tai is just... there... somewhere *Chen Tai biased fanboy here lol*

ahah I agree Chen Tai is God :shock:

if that is the case, between zhong hui and chen tai, who is better ? :|
"There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die. " Sima Yi

take a look please
Hyper90
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:05 am

Chen Tai. By miles.
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

PreviousNext

Return to Sanguo Yanyi Symposium