Yue/Ngok Fei admired Zhuge Liang?

Join the Romance of the Three Kingdoms discussion with our resident Scholars. Topics relating to the novel and history are both welcome. Don't forget to check the Forum Rules before posting.
Kongming’s Archives: Romance of the Three Kingdoms
Three Kingdoms Officer Biographies
Three Kingdoms Officer Encyclopedia
Scholars of Shen Zhou Search Tool

Yue/Ngok Fei admired Zhuge Liang?

Unread postby Uiler » Sat Oct 02, 2004 4:07 pm

I read in a thread that the great general Yue/Ngok (Mandarin/Cantonese) Fei admired Zhuge Liang? Is this true?
Uiler
Apprentice

Unread postby Sima Hui » Sat Oct 02, 2004 6:19 pm

Care to tell us which thread this info came from? It might help us find out. :wink:
This topic is an affront to both The Man and The Son of the Man.

-Ts'aoist

Ssuma I sucks.
He was okay when he was an obedient slave of The Man.

-Ts'aoist

Join the Cult and receive the True and Holy Word of The Man.
Sima Hui
Cult of Ts'aoist

Unread postby Lady Wu » Sat Oct 02, 2004 6:26 pm

I believe it's embedded in the "On the favoritism shown to Shu" thread. There's something about how one of Yue/Ngok Fei's martial arts style was supposedly derived from Zhuge Liang.

Yue Fei also made this amazing calligraphy piece out of Zhuge Liang's 1st Memorial. *me wants*
"Whatever you do, don't fall off the bridge! It'll be a pain to try to get back up again." - Private, DW 8
Lady Wu
There's no better state than Wu
There's no better state than Wu

Unread postby Uiler » Sun Oct 03, 2004 2:58 am

Lady Wu wrote:I believe it's embedded in the "On the favoritism shown to Shu" thread. There's something about how one of Yue/Ngok Fei's martial arts style was supposedly derived from Zhuge Liang.

Yue Fei also made this amazing calligraphy piece out of Zhuge Liang's 1st Memorial. *me wants*

Yes, that's the thread. Does anyone have any more info on this? I'm really interested in this as I really like Ngok Fei and I really like Zhuge Liang so it'd be interesting to see one's opinion of the other. Yue/Ngok Fei lived in Southern Song so one thing I think that this shows is that the legend of Zhuge Liang (and Shu-Han probably) was in full flower well before the Romance of the Three Kingdoms was written.
Uiler
Apprentice

Return to Sanguo Yanyi Symposium